• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Justin told me that he was hoping the DD got shipped out before Am World and the EO, but it didn't work like that because he didn't have all the bags on hand to ship.

The thing is no matter what I say, you're mind wouldn't be changed. Whiners gonna whine.

Justin's told me many times he was hoping to have the DD orders were going to be shipped out at some date only to not have it work out because he didn't have the bags. Or they were wrong.

That's just it, more of the same right up to the end. I knew in Jan. when I signed on for this train wreck/ride that it could turn out the same as the last time, but because I had the $$ burning a hole in my paypal account and didn't really need a new bag that I could risk it. The bag looked great so I pulled the trigger. Now here we are, 8 or 9 months later playing the same waiting game. Whatever, it's not something I fret about all day or anything, it's just a disc golf bag. Outside of the internet and like, 3 disc golfers, I haven't mentioned it to anyone.

But I don't really see what's wrong with expressing disappointment about the situation though. I've done so personally with J@ in emails back and forth with him and I'll will hopefully be expressing my happiness with the quality of the bag one day. The missed dates and sketchy business decisions to make bags available at flymarts and top pros before clearing his paid customer backlog leave a bad taste in my mouth though.

Justin told me that he was hoping the DD got shipped out before Am World and the EO, but it didn't work like that because he didn't have all the bags on hand to ship.

The thing is no matter what I say, you're mind wouldn't be changed. Whiners gonna whine.

But he had some bags on hand to ship. He should've shipped what he had on hand immediately so people who paid money months ago.

I can't say enough how I too am disappointed. Not necessarily with any specific (in)action on J@'s part, but with his bass ackwards priorities overall. I agree with all of those who said his priorities should first be with the customers who already paid. We paid him many months ago, he owes us bags. But, J@ seems to think it's the other way around: that we owe him to wait indefinitely until he feels like getting around to fulfilling his end of the bargain--whether that be keeping us up-to-date or finally giving us our bags.

The fact that we were promised a shipment at the beginning of this week (I'm on the DD list too) only to read on this thread that they still may not have shipped, is the icing on the cake for me. My last tourney for a while is tomorrow, and I'm guessing my bag isn't arriving this evening. So, all I can think now is how ironic it is that my bag won't show when I was told it would, when I need it. Maybe when I don't need it, when I've given up hope, when J@ gets around to it, it finally will.

I will admit that there is much speculation on the status of the bags--in my post and others--because J@ isn't keeping us in the loop. All in all, if my bag didn't ship when he said it would, it wouldn't (and shouldn't!) surprise me at all, just let me down, since J@'s de facto company motto seems to be 'unfulfilled promises'.

I only hope, like many others, that his bags make up for his poor business practices.

UPDATE: I just received an email from J@ saying my bag shipped today. Of course, it will arrive after my tourney season is largely over.

Here's my new bag, loaded up:

4 Wizards
3 Rocs
7 PDs
1 XXX
2 PD2's
3 Nukes

P1000218.JPG

I just wanted to load the bag up, and I threw a bunch of PDs in there

1 roller P
1 beat in P
1 new P
1 champ star Red S
1 champ star Yellow S
1 overstable S
1 CFR C

Looks like all the pre-orders are done and they are now on the waiting list. Here is the email I got today.

Greetings all,
If you are experiencing this crazy heat I hope it hasn't kept you
off of the course completely!

Anyhoo, the great silence is over! We are finally in the business of
selling bags again! We have a small amount that will get the waiting list
kicked off over the weekend (enough for the top 20 or 30) and then we will
have another shipment in about two weeks and we will be taking the list
down in roughly 75 person bites every two weeks or so!

There will be about half Midnight Black and half Charcoal/Black 2-tone
styles available in each shipment we receive.

The price is now 200$ but shipping and handling within the continental 48
states is included. It works out to be the same cost as before, but now
there is no surprise S&H charge at checkout.

Many apologies for the radio silence, but I wanted to be absolutely sure
before I divulged any info. I became a bit gun shy with my communications
after making announcements in the past based on deadlines that we had to
retract when changes were necessary. But that is all over now and we are
chugging along smoothly with top-notch product!

Thanks again, and please read below for a recap of the waiting list
sales procedures. Have a great weekend!
J@

Bags are of a much higher quality and will be a better product. But here is my problem, why release shoddy products to begin with. There seems to have been no R&D put into the development of this bag. Letting a couple of pros use prototypes that are way better then the ones sent out to customers does not equal testing. Im glad they finally got a good product out but it was at the cost and time of many golfers who just wanted a good bag.

Either some people are much cooler and kind hearted than I. Or they are not used to proper business practices? I expected delays with a new start up company, but selling bags before he took care of the people that have already paid ircked me a bit.
I still wish him well, but maybe he should take some business classed to go along with his other degree's?

Bag

Either some people are much cooler and kind hearted than I. Or they are not used to proper business practices? I expected delays with a new start up company, but selling bags before he took care of the people that have already paid ircked me a bit.
I still wish him well, but maybe he should take some business classed to go along with his other degree's?

I totally agree. I have a second run Grip Bag I bought second hand and love it. I think it is a great bag. I got alot of looks and comments at a local tournament today. However, I would be pissed as hell if I had been one of the intial buyers in the beginning. J@ really needs to win the disc golf community back if he wants Grip EQ to do well.

I totally agree. I have a second run Grip Bag I bought second hand and love it. I think it is a great bag. I got alot of looks and comments at a local tournament today. However, I would be pissed as hell if I had been one of the intial buyers in the beginning. J@ really needs to win the disc golf community back if he wants Grip EQ to do well.

But we got free tee shirts

Jeremy says he's shipping the international pre-orders out from DD today. Hopefully I'll finally have my bag by this time next week.

Jeremy says he's shipping the international pre-orders out from DD today. Hopefully I'll finally have my bag by this time next week.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but international shipping can be really slow. Especially, if customs gets ahold of it.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but international shipping can be really slow. Especially, if customs gets ahold of it.

Yeah, I'm definitely aware of that having lived north of the boarder for my entire life. Pretty much all of my DG gear comes from there (and by the looks of my basement, it's a lot!) so I'm familiar with the times. Typically the shipments from the major retailers are a bit quicker than the regular folks via the marketplace, etc. though.

A week may be optimistic, buy hey, I'm an optimistic kind of guy. (despite what my posts in this thread may convey :p)

Well, I wish you luck

I just checked the tracking on my bag. According to FedEx, it is on my doorstep. For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if the box is full of confetti and a note telling me the real bag is delayed, but will be shipped by the first of September.