• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] gstar old mold Beasts

Questatement

Double Eagle Member
Alright you old mold Beast throwers, what's up with the gstar old molds? Are they headwind fighters without being overly beefy outside a headwind like the Pro Line/1x/pre-Barrys?

Did anyone find any over legal weights?

Talk to me.

I have a GStar Beast roughly 165 grams and its flippy as all get out. Straight if you launch it dead flat at around 70% power, but any more and it will turn and burn unless you hyzer flip it. Now I have no clue if any others are like this, but this is what mine does.

I have an Older champion beast that it looks fairly close to, but it's nicely beat it and will S on comand. Neither are what I would call headwind fighters.

Isn't the Orc the old mold Beast? Thought I read that somewhere.

Evidentally, gstar Beasts come in old and new molds. Yay to Innova for listening!

The old mold was retired because Orcs were so close that one of them had to go or change. Hence, the Beast (new mold) went less stable.

Orcs are great head-wind fighters too but I can't get the same glide, hence distance, out of them that I can with the OM Beast and I can forget flexing the Orc unless I go way down in weight which sort of defeats the wind-fighting properties.

The OM Beast is like carrying a disc-and-a-half (in usefulness) for me and has become my most often used distance driver of late.

I Know this was about GStar Beasts but....

I have 2 champion beasts. One has Barry S signature with no flight numbers, One has no signature and no flight numbers making them early runs / pretty old. I use them in moderate wind conditions with a reliable late hard fade (more like a stall).

After reading the new mold / old mold discussion above do I ever have a chance of getting a new champ beast that flies like my current ones?

I Know this was about GStar Beasts but....

I have 2 champion beasts. One has Barry S signature with no flight numbers, One has no signature and no flight numbers making them early runs / pretty old. I use them in moderate wind conditions with a reliable late hard fade (more like a stall).

After reading the new mold / old mold discussion above do I ever have a chance of getting a new champ beast that flies like my current ones?

How many times does it have Barry listed as having won Worlds, one or two? If it's a one time, it's the original, Orc-ish mold and should now be fairly easy to replace as new stock finds its way to retailers. If it's a 2X chances are it's the second, understable mold (not always, but it's a pretty safe bet), and you probably want to stock up on Beasts now since they're going back to the original mold.

Profile pics showing the wing edge should help determine which mold of Beast you're throwing.

Found a hardware store in another town that had a lot of G*. None of the Beasts appeared to be old mold. I was bummed.

Found a hardware store in another town that had a lot of G*. None of the Beasts appeared to be old mold. I was bummed.

Buy them all
Wait for the "the OOP mold was soooooo much better" talk to start
Sell the Beasts for house prices
Retire

Found this on ebay. I had never actually seen a pic before.

$T2eC16FHJIgFHSlOpB+mBSCr7oTJyw~~60_57.JPG

Buy them all
Wait for the "the OOP mold was soooooo much better" talk to start
Sell the Beasts for house prices
Retire

This is a stock, retail production run.

I seriously doubt they will be in short supply anytime soon.

I also wouldn't doubt if you got a old mold with the seller not knowing both have been produced.

Im really interested in trying one out now. I have a G* Beast that is so flippy I gave up throwing it. Completely useless in any type of head wind.

Maybe I missed the news on this, so please be patient with me. Has Innova officially stated the beast is returning to the old mold? For ALL plastics? Just G*?