• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hardest thing for you to overcome / learn

I am a RHBH thrower...all day today I was turning my wrist over so I was flipping my discs too much...grip lock was also an issue since it was really cold.

gotta figure those 2 things out right now

hardest thing for me to do is to pick a place for the disc to land and getting it there as opposed to throwing it as hard as I can to see how far I can get it or have it stop when it hits something. Lots of aces, but way more ob strokes and bad kicks into the woods.

hardest thing for me to overcome is my tendencies to not play in crappy conditions.

Putting with any sort of wind always throws me off my game.

And keeping the nose down on my drives is something I have to practice as well.

It's unlearning years of wrong muscle memory for me. I've been locking my whole forearm all the way through the wrist, as a result I've been swing the disc far away from my body. I've been loosening up and trying to focus on bringing it straight across my chest with erratic results. I can see the potential but I've been pretty wild and it's easy to fall back into swinging wide. Started trying the bent elbow approach to try to add some arm speed and snap and had an immediate problem throwing. A buddy pointed out that I was picking my shoulder up just before my release, so I need to concentrate on staying down and on top of the hit. I shortened up my X step to about two steps and stopped trying to reach back so far and had a couple decent shots right before closing. I need to get the arm motion and snap down and then start adding the run up and reach back in.

Latest posts