• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Having a few rough online buying experiences lately...

Fortunately, I haven't been burned yet.

Disc Golf Center was my first online purchase. I changed my mind about the weight of one of the discs and wrote Wade an email, he switched it out for exactly what I wanted before it shipped. Shipping took about a week but it's free so I can't complain.

Marshall Street is great, but they haven't had a lot of what I wanted. I ordered once from them and the discs came in a couple of days, of course with their stickers and pamphlets.

I've ordered around 10 discs and two bags from Infinite Discs. Their shipping is fast, but I find it expensive unless you can make the $150 limit, which is pretty high. They also forgot some disc lights in one of my orders but after I wrote them about it they shipped them straight out. In my experience, shipping makes Infinite a bit more expensive than the others, but I just can't resist the way you get to see and choose each individual disc. They have the best website by far.

GGGT was my most recent experience. Their prices per disc on what I wanted were the highest, but they had things that no one else does such as flat-top Rocs. The discs got to me in two business days and they threw in a mini. They also sent me the exact colors and weights I asked for.

Whenever I can from now on, I'm going to buy from Phenix Disc Sports' local shop. They don't have some of the more eccentric discs I'm interested in but they have a good selection overall. Their staff is also pretty helpful and friendly. The only problem is that they are closed Sundays and Mondays, which are often the days that I'm free to drive over there.

These 4 are pretty much my go to online shops, with Infinite being number one right now.
Its really hard to beat that individual disc look option, though I also sue a few other small online shops that also have that option just cause they're stock is pretty low.
Also recently stumbled on a couple of Ohio shops I'm giving a try by ordering a disc from each last weekend.
One shipped out right away Tues, the other I haven't gotten any reply back even after writing yesterday to check in.

I did a factory 2nd buy at the innova factory store and got a couple of duds (echostar terns). :( I emailed them pics and everything but have no response.

I had same experience with Innova Factory store. I've gotten great discs, but 3 really crappy ones, a tern and two valkyries. The rest have been great! I still buy from them and recommend them to others.

^ this for the most part. I try to trade rather than buy, but when I buy, I prefer to buy from the Throw Shop... they have the best selection anywhere in this state and it's run by someone who knows plastic.

Except when he gets a stick up his ass regarding Dynamic Discs (his compeition...what?) and refuses to stock the lineup. Or attempts to phase out product.

Though I know Ben carries it now, he's had to swallow pride and supply his customers. But I wasn't too fond of his attitude towards me and my sponsor and their partners.