• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

heading into michigan for the weekend

Phil_Ludvik

Par Member
Going camping in south haven, near kalamazoo.

Last time we were there we only played the robert morris course in kzoo.

This time we plan to hit at least 2-3 courses.(really there mainly to camp, but gonna spend 1 day hitting up some local courses)

So what courses should I play? (within about 45 mins of South Haven)

All of the Grand Rapids courses are within an hour drive time, as is Fort Custer. Sorry I can't be of more help, I just don't get that far south very often.

What type of challenge are you looking for? Just you, or family friendly?

Fallasburg is getting lots of kudos, but it may be out of your drive range (east of GR).

Last edited:
Thanx for the replies, but I was already on my way to Michigan before any of them were left :p

We ended up getting drenched on friday by the thunderstorms, but me and a few buds and our girls had fun with it anyway. Since it was so wet we didnt end up doing any golfing till sunday.

I ended up playing 2 rounds at Oshtemo( still have no idea how to pronounce it Oshteemo or Oshtem-o) and it was a great course. We played a mix of short and long tees and we plan to go back around 4th of july weekend. I loved how technical that course is. Mostly narrow, defined fairways with dense tree lines to both sides of most holes. It really makes you work on accuracy, which was challenging but really fun.

@Volkgirl: Its me and a few friends that usually go on these trips, and we are always looking for a good course. We definitely like a good challenge too, though we are no pros lol.