• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading to Williamsburg, VA 2/7-2/13

Wickedpunch

Catching a flight to visit family in Williamsburg tomorrow and was looking to shoot a few rounds while I'm in town. Going to check out Waller Mill Park. Was wondering if anyone was going to be around the area this weekend or just wouldn't mind meeting up for a round. Any other suggestions to check out would be welcome. Cheers!

Have you played New Quarter Park? Close to Williamsburg and generally considered the best course in the area.

I have not. I forgot why I couldn't play last time I was back but it was the winter hours. Won't be a problem this time and thank you for the reminder.

The only other course I have had the chance to play in that area was Bayville Park. Pretty flat because it's Virginia Beach but liked the lay out and options for tee pads and pins. I think my only complaint was how packed it was but not a lot of disc golf options for a population of that size. Oh, and playing a Ed Headrick designed course felt nice.

The only other course I have had the chance to play in that area was Bayville Park. Pretty flat because it's Virginia Beach but liked the lay out and options for tee pads and pins. I think my only complaint was how packed it was but not a lot of disc golf options for a population of that size. Oh, and playing a Ed Headrick designed course felt nice.

Newport News is basically a Bayville with prettier grass/trees and less players. Bayville is definitely either first or second for busiest course in Virginia.

Really enjoyed New Quarter Park when we visited there a few years back. We played Bayville, Newport News and New Quarter during the trip and New Quarter was my favorite of the three. Bayville was interesting as I think it was one of the first courses(?) in the area but it is also very busy. Newport mixed in some nice wooded holes with some open ones. New Quarter had some nice elevation changes and was well manicured.

Really enjoyed New Quarter Park when we visited there a few years back. We played Bayville, Newport News and New Quarter during the trip and New Quarter was my favorite of the three. Bayville was interesting as I think it was one of the first courses(?) in the area but it is also very busy. Newport mixed in some nice wooded holes with some open ones. New Quarter had some nice elevation changes and was well manicured.

I believe Bayville is the second oldest course extant on the East Coast.

I have not. I forgot why I couldn't play last time I was back but it was the winter hours. Won't be a problem this time and thank you for the reminder.

FWIW, you can still play New Quarter in the winter, you just have to park at the gates and take the long walk in. I visit family in the area during the holidays, and have usually tried to make one trip out there when I do. I played Waller Mill once several years ago when the back nine was still "unofficial." It seemed like a really good course, though not as much variety as New Quarter. I agree with Biscoe though, they're both great courses, well worth the visit.