• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

heartman's Bag

Well ... I've got a 750 F3, F5, and H1 on the way ... and considering going back to Prodigy drivers ... and considering switching to 350g PA3's for putting

I don't know why :\

- sticking with Hurricanes

- I like the F3 and F5, but don't feel a need to switch over from my Eagles currently

- Big question with the H1 was if it would be comparable to Firebirds for thumbers ... it is. Probably will mess around with it for a while, but Firebirds will stay in the bag for now.

- first test with the PA3's is tomorrow ... got two white ones from IDGC Am Champs and wiped the stamps and they look sharp ... love the look of no stamps on discs. I like the grip and firm flight plate which will be nice for my spush putts

sort of suddenly switched out a lot of plastic for Prodigy:

- took out Hurricanes, added X1, D1, D2, D3 ... and on occasion D4

Really like the consistency of the flights of the Prodigy drivers, I know exactly how they're going to fly every time I throw them. With various stabilities of Hurricanes it got to the point when I couldn't tell which one was more/less stable than the other. Plastic feels great as well.

- lost glow Firebird at Perkerson in a squirrel nest ~35' up in a tree and couldn't knock it out :( , added H1

H1 is suuuuper flat and pans just as slow as a Firebird for me, if not slower. Nice to have a disc that's "cheaper" to replace than high in demand flat Firebirds.

- took out putting Aviars, added 350g PA3's

Replacing the Aviars was probably more psychological than anything, but at least in my head it felt like the depth was causing the lip/rim to hang on my fingers occasionally. The 350g plastic is somewhat soft/tacky while still being quite firm especially in the flight plate, and should perform quite nicely in the colder months. Aviars are my first love and I'm sure they'll make it back into the bag at some point, but for now I'm really enjoying the PA3's.

- Randomly tried out BennettUA's backup Truth ... and I liked it ... a lot ... and traded for it. Effortless distance and tons of glide ... not sure how it compares stability-wise just yet compared to my Buzzz (seems slightly less HSS and slightly more LSS), but I think it'll get a spot in the bag.

- and like before, the PD/Sidewinder don't see too much action. Only get used on a handful of courses.

Distance (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

-174 750 X1 (new) - very overstable BH/FH, primarily FH flex and skip shots, FH rollers
-173 400g D1 (new) - overstable BH/FH
-174 400g proto D2 (seasoned) - stable BH/FH
-168 400s D3 (new) - stable to understable BH, 2014 Flying Eye Open mini hotstamp

... on occasion: 174 400s D4 (new) - stable BH, almost same stability of my D2, would like to beat it up and make it flippy

Control (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

-170 first run C-line PD (somewhat seasoned) - overstable to stable BH, can push it out a little further than my Eagles which is a nice option
-169 Champ Sidewinder (somewhat new) - slightly stable to understable BH, hyzerflips, BH rollers

Fairway (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

-174 750 H1 (new) - max distance thumbers, slowest pan of my thumber discs
-175 11x Firebird (somewhat new) - very overstable BH/FH, thumbers, FH rollers
-172 11x Firebird (seasoned) - overstable BH/FH, shorter thumbers, FH rollers
-172 11x Eagle-X (somewhat new) - overstable BH
-175 11x Glow Eagle-L (somewhat seasoned) - overstable/stable BH
-172 11x Eagle-X (seasoned) - stable/understable BH
-172 11x Eagle-L (used) - understable BH, hyzerflips, BH rollers

Mids (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

-175 Champ Glow Gator (somewhat new) - overstable BH/FH, touch FH rollers
-176 SP line Aftershock (somewhat new) - stable to overstable BH
-180 Z Buzzz (somewhat new) - stable BH
-172 Fuzion Truth (new) - stable BH, sneaky long
-173 ESP Meteor (beat) - understable BH, hyzer flips, annies

Putters (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

-173 and 171 350g PA3 (new) - main putters, great grip, interchangable
-175 KCP Aviar (somewhat used) - slightly overstable/stable BH driving
-175 KCP Aviar (trashed) - flippy BH driving/approach, so beat that the bead is gone ... signed by the Champ

-174 750 X1 (new) - very overstable BH/FH, primarily FH flex and skip shots, FH rollers
-168 400s D3 (new) - stable to understable BH, 2014 Flying Eye Open mini hotstamp

174 400s D4 (new) - stable BH, almost same stability of my D2, would like to beat it up and make it flippy

-170 first run C-line PD (somewhat seasoned) - overstable to stable BH, can push it out a little further than my Eagles which is a nice option
-169 Champ Sidewinder (somewhat new) - slightly stable to understable BH, hyzerflips, BH rollers

-176 SP line Aftershock (somewhat new) - stable to overstable BH

-175 KCP Aviar (trashed) - flippy BH driving/approach, so beat that the bead is gone ... signed by the Champ

Fairways look great, putters look great.

However, that's a lot of molds for midrange and driver.
Having D1-D4 and 5 mid range molds seems like a lot.

However, if this is a 'carry a lot and trim it down, then I like the setup. I personally think of my bag in terms of distance (not in the literal since) from other discs. Meaning I carry a teebird and a XXX in my fairways, I probably wouldn't carry an eagle as well because there are shots I could use a beefier teebird or a seasoned XXX for.

I think I'd probably settle in on D2/D4 or D1/D3or4.

If I were carrying your bag I'd use
X1 / D1/ D4/ PD/ H1/ Eagles/ Gator/ Buzzz/ Meteor/ Aviars.

I'd even consider dropping the H1 if you already have the X1 and a PD.

Just some thoughts, definitely have all your shots covered.

- really liking the Truth

basically the same feel in the hand as my Buzzz and Meteor, but with a stability between them and more distance potential ... it's nice for like 70% power and a fan grip with a touch of hyzer to flip up flat and go dead straight 300' or so, whereas for me to get a Buzzz that far is 100% power thrown flat with a power grip and more potential for grip lock

- the D3 is bombingggg

had a couple of 450' shots with it and it's turning, tracking right, and then fading at the end ... haven't thrown the D4 much in the last couple of weeks, probably will keep it for backup for when the D2 beats in too much ... maybe. With the D1/2/3 combo, I have all my distance shots covered comfortably for the first time in a while.

- H1 and X1 are just silly fun

love stupid overstable discs and working various flex shots with them ... the X1 is effortless FH flex distance, perfect for carving lines in the woods ... I really think this current bagged H1 is more overstable than any Firebird I've thrown, can't get it nearly as far BH as any of the glow Firebirds I've owned, it's mostly only getting work as a thumber disc (with occasional BH spike hyzers and FH approaches)

- switched out Sidewinders: my first one was an awesome stability, but I moved it to being a backup due to it's red/green fly-dye that basically makes it camouflaged ... new one is bright green/yellow, much easier to find but same great flight

- SP Aftershock -> KCP Roc: was getting slightly beat in enough to where it wasn't quite as stable as I want for that slot ... put the Roc in until I can get a fresh 400 M2 or maybe 750

- lost my last 2013 SECO KCP Aviar ... only to have the first one I lost returned, so that was cool :thmbup:

-168 400s D3 (new) - stable to understable BH, max distance

- not always in the bag, depends on the course

-170 first run C-line PD (somewhat seasoned) - overstable to stable BH
-171 Champ Sidewinder (new) - slightly stable to understable BH, hyzerflips, BH rollers

-180 KC Pro Roc (new) - stable to overstable BH

getting a 400 M2 tomorrow (FINALLY!!!) to replace the Roc

also got 3 X Forces on the way from DD's clearance ... not sure if I'm going Forces all the way or what I'm gonna do with them ... but I liked KRATC's so I got some :thmbup:

picked up a slightly beat-in Pro Destroyer from a 2008 tourney (so PFN ... the good pro :) ) ... been using it for max distance and it bombs ... got an eagle 3 on a par 5 940' hole a couple weeks back with it basically pin high on the 2nd shot :D

- added M2 to replace KCP Roc

- added Pro Destroyer for MaxD cause I'm a sucker for pfn Pro Destroyers

- don't bag the Truth anymore, too much overlap with my Buzzz/Meteor ... still throw it on occasion though, fun disc for sure

- just got 3 pop top X Forces ... gonna mess around with them in the coming month, should be fun

-174 750 X1 (newish) - very overstable BH/FH, primarily FH flex and skip shots, FH rollers
-173 400g D1 (newish) - overstable BH/FH
-172 Pro Destroyer (seasoned) - stable to understable BH, max distance
-168 400s D3 (newish) - stable to understable BH

-171 Champ Sidewinder (new) - slightly stable to understable BH, hyzerflips, BH rollers

-174 750 H1 (newish) - max distance thumbers, slowest pan of my thumber discs
-175 11x Firebird (somewhat newish) - very overstable BH/FH, thumbers, FH rollers

-177 400 M2 (new) - stable to overstable BH

-173 and 171 350g PA3 (somewhat new) - main putters, great grip, interchangable

Last edited:
didn't film the ITB ... I'm sure you're all quite disappointed :p

went to Flyboy last weekend and lost 4 discs in the water: M2, Pro Destroyer, X Force, backup X1

- new M2 replaces wet M2

- added M4 ... been using Gator/M2/M4 lineup last couple rounds, it's decent but think I'll add Buzzz back in for straight shots with minimal turn and fade ... with a bit more beating in, the M4 should replace my Meteor nicely

- added two Pa3's ... I liked the feel of the 300 plastic for driving, figure I'll beat one in for turnovers/annies/etc. and leave one decently stable for straight/slightly overstable shots ... still going to hold on to my KCP Aviars just in case I decide to switch back

- added D3 ... slightly more stable than my current D3, it'll turn but come back at the end ... it bombs to put it plainly

- messing around with a slightly more stable pfn Pro Destroyer and 2 (was 3 lol) pop-top X Forces ... fun to work different flex BH lines with them ... don't really consider them a part of my bag, but I do use them during most rounds in some fashion

... at this point I could probably switch over to all Prodigy rather easily I'd think: various 400 F series fairways to replace my Eagles, perhaps another H disc or two, M3 replacing the Buzzz ... but M1 wouldn't quite cut it to replace the Gator

-174 750 X1 (newish) - very overstable BH/FH, primarily FH flex and skip shots, FH rollers
-165 400 D3 (new) - stable to understable BH, max distance
-168 400 D3 (somewhat seasoned) - slightly stable to understable BH

-174 750 H1 (newish) - max distance thumbers, slowest pan of my thumber discs, very rare BH/FH
-175 11x Firebird (somewhat newish) - very overstable BH/FH, thumbers, FH rollers

-175 400 M2 (new) - stable to overstable BH
-180 750 M4 (new) - stable to understable BH, hyzer flips, annies

-173 and 171 350g Pa3 (seasoned) - main putters, great grip, interchangable
-174 300 Pa3 (new) - slightly overstable/stable BH driving
-171 300 Pa3 (somewhat new) - will be flippy BH driving/approach

- took some pics of my discs because why not

- consolidated Fairways/Control ... my least overstable Firebird is officially PD stability, so no need to randomly bag my PD anymore

- added Eagle ... pretty new 11x Eagle-x I've been throwing for the last couple weeks as my overstable Eagle ... 5 seems like a lot of Eagles to carry, might drop one but not sure which yet

- added Destroyer ... somewhat seasoned Pro Destroyer is officially in the bag as my true max distance BH disc ... something about that pro plastic and the way it just seems to glide on forever

- added D4 ... extremely flippy, almost more of a trick shot disc really ... probably won't bag it much on open courses, but it'll be useful in the woods I think

-165 400 D3 (new) - stable to understable BH
-175 Pro Destroyer (somewhat seasoned) - slightly stable to understable BH, max distance
-169 400g D4 (seasoned) - very understable BH, hyzerflips, BH rollers

reads like a book: flippy --> overstable
40zRTfY.jpg

-174 750 H1 (newish) - max distance thumbers, slowest pan of my thumber discs, very rare BH/FH
-171 Champ Sidewinder (somewhat new) - understable BH, hyzerflips, BH rollers

QBQIE7s.jpg

-172 11x Eagle-X (somewhat new) - overstable/stable BH

7owoUPu.jpg

-180 750 M4 (new) - stable to understable BH, hyzer flips, annies

OudsM05.jpg

-174 300 Pa3 (new) - slightly overstable/stable BH driving, Flyboy
-171 300 Pa3 (somewhat new) - will be flippy BH driving/approach, Iron Leaf

DEukKhQ.jpg

been messing around with two 400 F2's (picked up red twins :D ) and a 400 F3

quite made the bag on most courses, but have been using them fairly often down at Griffin and am liking them much more than the 750 F series that I tried previously

... if I do dump the Eagles for the F series, I probably need to: beat in my current F3 a decent bit, pick up a fresh F3 (or beat in my current F2 A LOT), and get a F7 for flippy shots

that'd be quite doable and I think I'd like it pretty well actually

- added 168 D2 ... proto grey D2 had become somewhat flippy, basically a D3 (keeping it as a backup to my 165 D3)

- my D1 is seasoning almost to the point of me pulling it in favor of a fresh Icon Outlaw

- added F2, F3, and F5 ... took out 3 Eagles, the F2 isn't a true Eagle-X in overstability so I've been throwing my least overstable Firebird for those shots ... I'm not getting rid of my 11x Eagles any time soon, but I like the flight of the Prodigy fairways and that they are cheap/easy to replace

-173 400g D1 (somewhat seasoned) - overstable BH/FH
-168 400g D2 (somewhat new) - stable BH/FH
-165 400 D3 (new) - stable to understable BH

-175 11x Firebird (somewhat seasoned) - very overstable BH/FH, thumbers, FH rollers
-171 Champ Sidewinder (somewhat new) - understable BH, hyzerflips, BH rollers

-172 400 F2 (new) - somewhat overstable BH
-171 400 F3 (new) - overstable/stable BH
-173 750 F5 (somewhat seasoned) - stable/somewhat understable BH

-180 750 M4 (new) - stable to understable BH, hyzer flips, annies, touch FH

-174 300 Pa3 (new) - slightly overstable/stable BH driving
-171 300 Pa3 (somewhat new) - stable/understable BH driving/approach, FH approach

Looks like a solid bag, way more Prodigy than we usually see but those molds are solid.

I would love to play Flyboy one day, how do you wrangle an invite?

Latest posts