• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heed the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

There was that time I forgot my towel, so I used my backup towel in my bag. Then one time I forgot my backup towel, but luckily I had an old t-shirt in my car. Then one time I forgot them all, but it's not like I needed to go anywhere in the shirt I was wearing, so my shirt got a little wet and muddy.

How do you people get away with only carrying a towel part of the year?

Around here you need one year round.

If I throw one in a creek i will dry it a bit but if its just wet grass in the spring I dont really care about the moisture as much as wiping the mud/grass/stuck leaves off. In the summer time it is just dust but it seems to make my discs more slippery than water and i already make dust clouds when my disc lands on some holes and it is officially summer for another week.

weird because when I watch disc golf coverage commentators talk about it all of the time, but you guys must know better.

well...when manufacturers talk about "grip" in regards to different plastics it isn't really a reference to how easy it is to grip the disc, but more of how well the disc will grip the ground when it lands.

IE: less grippy plastics like champion are great for skips and more grippy plastics like star or DX are better when you want the disc to stay where it lands. Obviously this does translate somewhat into how well you can keep hold of a disc in the presence of moisture but really...if your hands and the disc are wet you aren't gonna be able throw effectively regardless of what plastic you have. so yeah, you definitely want a towel at all times, and a resin bag is a good idea as well.

I don't know that I've noticed a difference in skip action between plastics, but the grip on a DX vs a champion plastic disc is a night and day difference. I can't get a consistent grip on champ type plastic to save my life. A few years back I quit buying champ/z plastic solely due to poor grip. Star/ESP is a little better, but DX and Pro (and their equivalents from other manufacturers) are really the only plastics that I get a consistent grip on.

Yea i find the dollar tree auto towels are pretty good thinking of also keeping in one of those "holds up to 10 x it's weight in water" "miracle" towels for really wet/water hazards

Incidentally, a diaper works great, but ahhh, who really wants to whip out a diaper on the course? Same polyacrylate is used in those stay cool bandanas you soak in water first... Then again, pulling a muddy diaper out of your bag could be a great conversation starter...

Incidentally, a diaper works great, but ahhh, who really wants to whip out a diaper on the course? Same polyacrylate is used in those stay cool bandanas you soak in water first... Then again, pulling a muddy diaper out of your bag could be a great conversation starter...
i aint got that kinda courage dude but awesome for you

hitchhiker-s-guide-to-the-galaxy.jpg

Bring a towel

I keep a Wilson golf towel. An Innova dewfly (or two) and a ziplock full of assorted microfibers, terry and whatnot. Towels, gotta have them.

I use one of the old Willson Towels from the 2000, that Willson still makes but in black too as well as the white I also made a old club shirt XXL that nobody needed for a spare towel and cut the sleeves off, then clipped on to the bag I have and rest of it is in the pouch for all my extra Mini markers and an outdated last set of rules rule book from 2009.

Latest posts