• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me with my form

TJ461vs

I am currently throwing around 275' to 300'. Occasionally I will stretch a throw out to the 330' range. I mainly throw Teebirds, Leopards, Eagles, Valkyrie and recently I've been throwing a Thunderbird. I believe I have nose up issues and I have been working with grip to see if I can correct that. The videos is 6 throws in slow motion, I'm not really sure what I need to work on form wise to increase my distance.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC--NQIhieo&feature=youtu.be

Good rhythm but not turning/loading enough back at the plant and your balance and stride aren't good. You get too flat footed on the rear foot(slow) and not loading into your rear hip, or front hip properly. You end up throwing from a non-atheltic horse stance with your femurs out. You lean your body back and forth too much instead of rotating within posture. You will see the pros have more squeeze between the knees, and much more shoulder rotation back at the plant. Also watch the finish, your rear hip trails and pulls you around, while the pros rear hip rotates more under with the knee under the hip and finish nice and balanced.

It's a little hard to tell but you may be strong-arming. This is when you try to throw the disc with your arm from the reach back, rather than getting into the power pocket (elbow forward/right pec area) more passively before unloading. This will limit you to a max of ~300'.

Thanks for the replies. It also looks like I may be throwing from an open stance and not closed. In saying that I am not turning/loading enough do I need more shoulder and hip turn has I do my reach back? Do I start the rotation with the hips pulling the shoulder through or the shoulder pulling the hips through? Would not turning/loading enough result in the strong arm throw?

Post some full speed footage too. It's great to be able to see a throw in full speed and slow motion to get a better feel for it.