• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Herb's 2021 ITB

Bag Since Last Update (5 rounds):
3x Omega (1.2 Lunar Super Soft & 1.19 Super Soft)- 154 total throws (137 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 18 throws.
4x Roc (DX, KC Pro, & Quantum Taurus)- 6 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 7 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS, 1.3 Sirius)- 9 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF, & 1.1 SOLF)- 13 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & GStar)- 38 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 21 throws.

The weather was pretty bad for today's flex start at Ponderosa, with either rain or snow throughout the round. My putting let me down big time, and I added 4-5 unnecessary strokes onto my total due to terrible putting. On top of that, I was getting plenty of rough kicks and roll-aways. This was easily my worst tournament round of the year thus far, even if the unofficial rating isn't all that bad at 939. I took 9th out of 13 and am really annoyed with my performance today. Luckily I have another event next Sunday where I can try to redeem myself.

Bag Since Last Update (4 rounds):
3x Omega (1.2 DT & 1.19 Super Soft)- 117 total throws (109 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 20 throws.
4x Roc (DX, KC Pro, & Quantum Taurus)- 11 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 10 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS, 1.3 Sirius)- 3 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF, & 1.1 SOLF)- 10 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion, '19 Sexton & GStar)- 15 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 17 throws.

I most certainly did not redeem myself with during the flex start event yesterday at Westcreek. Once again, my putting let me down in a big way, missing 7 putts from inside 40 feet (5 inside circle 1). Unfortunately that course requires you to stack up birdies on the front nine, and then hold on during the back. However, I couldn't putt to save my life on the front, and couldn't pick up many strokes on the much longer back. The round was unofficially rated at 926, good for 13th out of 20 in MPO. A mediocre day of putting would have let me easily cash or even compete for the win I really am going to need to use my practice basket more often to break out of the funk I'm currently stuck in. The last two tournaments I could have finished pretty well if I had made anything on the green, but my crap putting kept me way down below where I should be in the standings.

The next tournament I have signed up for is in late July, but I imagine that I will add one or two more before that one comes up. I'll be switching back to my Delta T Omegas for the Summer and Fall, since they feel better than the Lunars in the warmer weather. This may have an added psychological benefit, since I was putting terribly the last couple of weeks with my Lunars.

3x Omega (1.2 DT & no run Super Soft)- 112 total throws (105 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 23 throws.
4x Roc (DX & Quantum Taurus)- 10 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 7 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS, 1.2 QJLS)- 6 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF, & 1.1 SOLF)- 11 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion, '19 Sexton & GStar)- 21 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 13 throws.

Bag Since Last Update (6 rounds):
3x Omega (1.2 DT & no run Super Soft)- 178 total throws (164 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 22 throws.
4x Roc (DX & Quantum Taurus)- 18 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 22 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS, 1.2 QJLS)- 8 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion, '19 Sexton & GStar)- 21 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 15 throws.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cumulative stats since removing the Hades:

1.Firebird- 307 throws. 22.88% of throws (down from 25.61%)
2.Pig- 283 throws. 21.09% of throws (down from 21.58%)
3.Omega- 168 throws & 1,434 putts (1,602 total). 12.52% of throws (down from 14.53%)
4.Xcal- 146 throws. 10.88% of throws (up from 8.78%)
5.OLF- 136 throws. 10.13% of throws (down from 10.79%)
6.Roc- 126 throws. 9.39% of throws (up from 7.48%)
7.Gator3- 111 throws. 8.27% of throws (up from 5.18%)
8.JLS- 65 throws. 4.84% of throws (up from 3.74%)

Looking at the data I collected, I should start to throw my pair of JLS more often. It is a great mold but is somewhat situational for me. I will throw them mostly for FH hyzerflips or on BH lines where I need a Roc line but have a low ceiling. This is not a mold that I intend on removing from my bag but I would like to throw them more often that I currently am. Otherwise, I like how I have a pretty even usage rate for my other 7 molds. The Firebird and Pig are far and away my most used discs, with the others getting equal use.

3x Omega (1.2 DT & no run Super Soft)- 182 total throws (161 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 21 throws.
4x Roc (DX & Quantum Taurus)- 16 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 16 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF, & 1.1 SOLF)- 21 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion, '19 Sexton & GStar)- 26 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 15 throws.

3x Omega (1.2 DT & no run Super Soft)- 147 total throws (134 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 22 throws.
4x Roc (DX & Quantum Taurus)- 15 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 8 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion, '19 Sexton & GStar)- 17 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 6 throws.

Most likely will be playing a flex start this upcoming Sunday at Widefield. After that my next event will be in a couple of weeks, this one is a C-tier at Aviary. My putting has been really letting me down this past week or so, but I have been playing well otherwise. Looking forward to getting some more tournaments in as summer goes on. I did get my third ace this year earlier today on a short hole (Cumberland Green#13 ~250') with my more OS Pig, will definitely need to grab a few more Pigs again.

2x Omega (1.2 DT & no run Super Soft)- 189 total throws (170 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 27throws.
4x Roc (DX & Quantum Taurus)- 1 throw.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 12 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS, 1.2 QJLS)- 9 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion, '19 Sexton & GStar)- 44 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 23 throws.

My putting has been hot garbage since last update, which is frustrating because my drives have been pretty solid for the past several weeks. This means that I am leaving tons of strokes out on the course. Today was the worst day I've had in a long time from circle 1x, missing 8 putts and shooting +2 in a fairly long layout at Widefield. With the way I've been throwing, I should really be putting up some hot rounds, but continue to sabotage myself on fairly routine birdie putts. I'm very frustrated with the putting performance, and will need to spend more time using my basket in the backyard to fix this case of the yips.

The Flex start I played last Sunday was probably the best day putting since last update, and even that round included 3 missed putts from circle 1x (2 were inside of 20') and two short jumpers (~40'). Pretty frustrating considering I shot 3 off of the winner in MPO. However, I did manage to shoot a decent round despite all that and tied for last cash, placing 5th out of 13.

Bag Since Last Update (3 rounds):
2x Omega (1.2 DT & no run Super Soft)- 92 total throws (80 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 11 throws.
4x Roc (DX & Quantum Taurus)- 8 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 6 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS, 1.2 QJLS)- 4 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion, '19 Sexton & GStar)- 16 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 9 throws.

On Sunday I'm playing in Rocky Mountain State Games at The Aviary. This will be my first multiple round event since I moved up to MPO earlier in the year. I'd like to be in contention after the first round, playing on lead card would be nice. I'm hoping to play a couple more events in August and September depending on what is available.

2x Omega (1.2 DT & no run Super Soft)- 151 total throws (135 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 29 throws.
4x Roc (DX & Quantum Taurus)- 12 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 9 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS, 1.2 QJLS)- 7 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion, '19 Sexton & GStar)- 23 throws.

The tournament yesterday went pretty well, I played decent in the first round and had a nice second round. I took a couple stupid bogeys on easy holes that kept me from reaching my goal of finishing -15 for the day. Luckily for me there was only a field of 4 in MPO, so my -13 was enough to take the win. Not super proud of this one, since I would have lost by 2 strokes to the guy who won in MA1, but I guess a win is a win. My putting finally felt decent again for the first time in several weeks, so I'm glad that I was able to have a good day on the green. Ideally I will play Clash at the Creek in August and possibly a flex start or two before then.

2x Omega (1.2 DT & no run Super Soft)- 110 total throws (101 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 16 throws.
4x Roc (DX, KC Pro & Quantum Taurus)- 7 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 13 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF, & 1.1 SOLF)- 11 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & '19 Sexton)- 21 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 8 throws.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cumulative stats:

1.Firebird- 454 throws. 22.53% of throws (down from 22.88%)
2.Pig- 404 throws. 20.05% of throws (down from 21.09%)
3.Omega- 258 throws & 2,210 putts (2,468 total). 12.80% of throws (up from 12.52%)
4.Xcal- 146 throws. 10.72% of throws (down from 10.88%)
5.OLF- 215 throws. 10.67% of throws (up from 10.13%)
6.Roc- 126 throws. 9.38% of throws (down from 9.39%)
7.Gator3- 111 throws. 8.73% of throws (up from 8.27%)
8.JLS- 65 throws. 5.11% of throws (up from 4.84%)

I've been just playing casual rounds and league for the past few weeks, with no tournaments scheduled until the second week of September. That will be my first multi-day tournament ever and will be at two of my home courses (2 rounds at Widefield and 1 at The Aviary). I'm hoping to cash in this event but would not be too upset with myself if I can't. There are some good players signed up already, and there are many spaces to be filled so who know if that is a feasible goal or not. Maybe I can find a smaller flex start or something to play before then.

Bag Since Last Update (7 recorded rounds):
2x Omega (1.2 DT & no run Super Soft)- 186 total throws (170 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 31 throws.
5x Roc (DX, KC Pro & Quantum Taurus)- 16 throws.
1x Gator3 (Joel Freeman Champion)- 11 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS, 1.2 QJLS)- 23 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF, & 1.1 SOLF)- 16 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & '19 Sexton)- 32 throws.

I have played many more rounds than I have recorded here, with most of them being doubles or practice rounds for recent tournaments. I played in a couple of events since my last update, placing 2nd in my most recent C-tier and 12th in the B-tier on the 10-11th. I probably should have cashed in both, but a few terrible holes during the B-tier ultimately doomed me. I was only two shots off of the last cash, and had multiple double bogeys and a triple throughout the 3 rounds. While, I'm disappointed that I didn't meet my goal of cashing in both of these tourneys, I feel like I can take some good lessons away from them. I have one big tournament remaining on my schedule for this year, and hope that I can sneak in a couple of flex starts before the season ends.

Latest posts