• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

Daylight savings time ends Nov. 2, right between rounds, shouldn't be a factor for most people. Camping is available at Chestnut Grove and we will have running water and hot showers if at all possible. Hot food is also available at the Oasis bar in Highbridge. Text Tom at 715-579-4487 to reserve a camp site.

If I wasn't coming up tomorrow, I would have done this event. I just learned it's Bear and BB! I really want to play a tournament on Bear! But at least I will get to play it casually.

We could still use some help with funding for expenses and equipment upkeep. Greg's small engine repair in Highbridge has been keeping us running all year, and he's very good but he's not cheap and our mowers are pretty old and prone to breakdowns. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, the response has been pretty hearty warming.<3:thmbup:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/highbrid...edium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Holy cow hole 2 and 3...
IMG_1743.jpg

They've grown up so much...
IMG_1745.jpg
(this is the view looking right from Hole 3 Gold's fairway in 2006)

We definitely want to get some of those views back. When Tick told me you could see Lake Superior from Gold 3 I thought he was kidding me. I had no idea it was that open.:eek:

WOW!! Nice video of courses rarely seen on "tape". Having never been to Highbridge, this is some nice insight into what awaits my eventual visit. It certainly has moved up my wishlist. I have no idea how these courses have looked for the last few years, but they look to be in impeccable shape and live up to they hype here on this site. Great work and kudo to all involved in stepping up to become stewards of this gem.

Northern Lights event schedule for 2020 including all the Highbridge Hills tournaments except the Wisconsin Tour finale on October 10. If this schedule holds up, we'll have back to back events the weekend of Oct. 10-11 with the finale and the Fall Classic! Should be a great weekend for a fantastic disc golf experience, don't miss it! :clap:

78788303_2599035550133477_7391079790846935040_o.jpg

EDIT

never mind

actually read it thourghly…...

WOW!! Nice video of courses rarely seen on "tape". Having never been to Highbridge, this is some nice insight into what awaits my eventual visit. It certainly has moved up my wishlist. I have no idea how these courses have looked for the last few years, but they look to be in impeccable shape and live up to they hype here on this site. Great work and kudo to all involved in stepping up to become stewards of this gem.

Ditto!

I must have read some of the drama regarding this complex a few years ago, because the name has stuck in my mind. Now, after reading about all the work that has been done and seeing some of the courses on the Northern Lights' coverage, I definitely have to head that way sometime.

If you could pick the best time of year to play Highbridge, when would you recommend? I'm thinking September/October?

If you could pick the best time of year to play Highbridge, when would you recommend? I'm thinking September/October?

I would say August/September up to mid October definitely. By August the courses are all pretty dry, skeeters and ticks are down and the fairways are in their best shape. And HH in October with peak color is absolutely beautiful!

Battle on the Hill: Highbridge Doubles

Platypus Discworks presents Battle on the Hill: Highbridge Doubles, our first doubles tournament at the megaplex. This is going to be a very fun event. Camping, food and hot showers will be available, Platypus will be vending with a large selection of merchandise, text Tom at (715) 579-4487 for campground reservations. Grab a partner and come on up, it's gonna be a blast!:thmbup:

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Battle_on_the_Hill_Highbridge_Doubles_2020

Latest posts