• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2024?

wolfhaley

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
It's that time of year again. Let's hear where you're heading in 2024. Any and all trips. Long trips, day trips, whatever. Let's hear it. This is always one of my favorite threads to peruse each year.

Personally, I'm thinking about heading down to Louisville KY in April to get away from the freezing nonsense up my way at that time of year. Looks to be some pretty solid courses down that way. Plus I've played less than 20 courses in IN and KY combined. May try to check out Holler in the Hills, even though I know it's a shell of it's former glory. I'd also be able to hit the top rated one in IN on that trip too, Prides Creek Park.

Then in May or June I'm thinking Portland OR and the surrounding area. Again, lots of good looking options out that way. I'd be able to add a couple states in OR and WA and just play some golf in a pretty awesome and new to me place. Should be able to hit course #1000 on this trip too.

Anyway, where are YOU going in 2024?

Mrs ru4por and I are talking about a southern trip around Jan/Feb. I think we are heading down to Mississippi / Lousiana way.

I have Marshall Lake on my list for the summer this year.

A return Highbridge trip is penciled in for fall....but the wife is musing about a large NE color tour. Maine, NH, Vermont, Mass.....I don't really wear the pants in the family......no real downside to either plan though.

I also am talking about a midwest trip this summer to ultimately get to Harmony Bends...picking off some high end bagging along the way.

Goals for 2024 include bagging 100 new courses and completing 50 "states." Need Utah and Nevada to complete the lower 48, plus I already have Alaska and BC.

At this stage all plans are subject to change, health, etc. 🤞 That said, here are some possibilities:

Big trips:

We have discussed driving to Oregon and back. Friends, family, and lots of good courses are along the way, plus bagging Utah would be a bonus.

I would also love to squeeze in a couple-few airplane trips to hit new areas. Lake Tahoe is an option, as is Alamogordo NM or perhaps even the Canadian Maritimes.

Local bagging trips:

Eastern Shore of MD/DE: Ideally break this into two trips – north of the Bay Bridge before mosquito season, and south in early September so I could hit the beach. It has been way too long since the last time I bodysurfed. 😁

Richmond to Norfolk: Probably the highest concentration of un-played courses within reasonable driving distance, but for some reason I have never bagged this area. Could be combined with the Eastern Shore south trip via the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel.

New York City via Connecticut and Massachusetts: Not the most direct route, but lots of good courses along the way.

Altoona to Pittsburgh: Filling in a cluster of courses I missed on previous trips.

Mrs. Mono has become obsessed with fusing glass. We might visit glass-related points of interest within reasonable (or maybe unreasonable) driving range, preferably with occasional stops for disc golf.

Last edited:
I have Marshall Lake on my list for the summer this year.

Sounds like you have some great trips planned.

If you will be passing through Maryland on the way to Lake Marshall and would like a local tour guide, please let me know. 😊

Lake Marshall in the summer? Man, that thing kicked my ass in the Fall, much less 90 degrees.
Nah.....the weather gods shall smile down upon me, for pressing on regardless. I will simply requistion a sunny, low humidity, 73 degree week. :giggle:

Nah.....the weather gods shall smile down upon me, for pressing on regardless. I will simply requistion a sunny, low humidity, 73 degree week. :giggle:
You're one of those freaks that play Toboggan in July instead of October, huh?

Hoping to get out to Minnesota. Also thinking of going back to Caliber especially if the new course is open. Might be going back to my old stomping grounds on the west coast. New Mexico and Montana is something on the horizon as well. Not sure if I'll get to all of these but I'm hoping so and looking forward to new courses and meeting more forum users!

Hoping to get out to Minnesota. Also thinking of going back to Caliber especially if the new course is open. Might be going back to my old stomping grounds on the west coast. New Mexico and Montana is something on the horizon as well. Not sure if I'll get to all of these but I'm hoping so and looking forward to new courses and meeting more forum users!

I'm eyeing up Caliber AND western Montana next fall. Motherlode should hopefully be in fully by then. Fingers crossed 🤞

I desperately need to hit northern Florida. I'm missing out on good courses in Pensacola, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville being penned up way down here in Ft Lauderdale. Gas isn't the issue; it's places to stay the night that is the issue. Let's see what early next year brings.

I'm also itching to get back to Atlanta for a Braves game, and if I do, I'll hit some courses around there as well.

It's that time of year again. Let's hear where you're heading in 2024. Any and all trips. Long trips, day trips, whatever. Let's hear it. This is always one of my favorite threads to peruse each year.

Personally, I'm thinking about heading down to Louisville KY in April to get away from the freezing nonsense up my way at that time of year. Looks to be some pretty solid courses down that way. Plus I've played less than 20 courses in IN and KY combined. May try to check out Holler in the Hills, even though I know it's a shell of it's former glory. I'd also be able to hit the top rated one in IN on that trip too, Prides Creek Park.

Then in May or June I'm thinking Portland OR and the surrounding area. Again, lots of good looking options out that way. I'd be able to add a couple states in OR and WA and just play some golf in a pretty awesome and new to me place. Should be able to hit course #1000 on this trip too.

If you make it down to the Western KY area, let me know. Be glad to show you around and get a few rounds in. There are some gems down here that don't get nearly the respect they deserve. Plenty of beautiful disc golf between Louisville and and the Missouri Line beyond just Mahr and Holler.

Been doing 3 big events(Am side) a year for a while now and lately liking the idea of branching out to new tourneys or locations. 2024 has Tim Selinski in Raleigh(Never played in that area) so that's first on the list. Other two are still up in the air but did Music City and DGLO both for the first time in 2023 and probably returning to one of them next year. Going to leave the third open til I see how things work out. Virginia(never played in the state) and other parts of Tennessee might be a priority.

Got a few plans that move slowly outward across Missouri; a 13-course trip to Columbia on I-70, north, and back west on 36 Hwy. A 9-course trip on the west side of STL (New Melle, Eagles Crossing's new course, Jefferson Barracks, etc), then a 10-course trip of Illinois' courses just across the state line from STL. And a day down in Jefferson City to play 5 or 6 down there, too. Will I get to do any of these this year? Who knows, but the potential of being off for 4 days at a time makes them incredibly easier.

Hoping to make an East Coast run in the spring if things work out to the Charlotte, NC area but trying to decide if there are enough good courses between Nashville (played all of Nashville) and Charlotte to justify dropping and going across that direction or I should run up through Louisville into Ohio and wrap through West Virginia/Virginia instead. The direct drive is only about 8 hours to Charlotte and I'd have 4 1/2 days to complete the trip. Are there enough good courses in Charlotte to justify spending the whole time there? Drop down to play Winthrop in Rock Hill while we're there maybe? Still unsure.

Hoping to make an East Coast run in the spring if things work out to the Charlotte, NC area but trying to decide if there are enough good courses between Nashville (played all of Nashville) and Charlotte to justify dropping and going across that direction or I should run up through Louisville into Ohio and wrap through West Virginia/Virginia instead. The direct drive is only about 8 hours to Charlotte and I'd have 4 1/2 days to complete the trip. Are there enough good courses in Charlotte to justify spending the whole time there? Drop down to play Winthrop in Rock Hill while we're there maybe? Still unsure.
There are enough good courses in the Charlotte area to kill however much time you choose. Harmon Hills is not far off your route though and is better than any of them. Were it me I would also hit North Cove.

Nice! The Kentucky weather in April can be really weird, so I'd plan to check the weather forecasts a week or so ahead in the event of too hot, cold, rainy, windy...

We're going to Portugal in January and might bring a few discs along just to say we played. Will likely hit the Music City Open in April and the two Oregon elite events in May-June with my daughter and son-in-law. I've never played on the west coast (usually too busy with the fly rod) so I'm really looking forward to it.