• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2024?

Off to NE Tennessee for a few days on Wednesday for River Valley Masters. I will play Warriors Cliffside, Sugar Hollow and Harmon for the event. Since I have played all of them multiple times before I am fairly likely to skip practicing them and try to play Winged Deer (haven't played), Warriors Lakefront (have played some of the holes many years ago) and Harmon 19-36 (have played a couple times but not as recently as 1-18) instead. Also might blow off disc golf entirely for a morning or afternoon and try to find some morels.

Lots of clouds today in Texas hill country, but the sun peeked out just enough!

Got one round in yesterday. Hoping to get another in tomorrow, but the weather does not look promising. I'll take being able to see a total solar eclipse over playing a second Texas course any day, though. Can always return for more DG. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20240408_135421.jpg
    IMG_20240408_135421.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
6-day jaunt to Pittsburgh and Ohio included an eclipse, a wedding reception, and 17 new courses. Rainy weather cut plans short but still a memorable trip.

Highlights:

Total eclipse on the shore of Lake Erie was uh-may-zing. I can see why ancient civilizations freaked out. I had seen partial eclipses before but totality was a whole 'nother thing entirely. Cloudy forecast but skies were mostly clear, fortunately. We watched the eclipse at Lake Shore Park on Lake Erie and then bagged the disc golf course while the place was emptying out.

The Dips @ Denny Park: Heckuva 9-hole course, did not disappoint. Hiking the hills is tough but the disc golf was outstanding.

Lake Milton – The Osprey: Lovely woods course for a creaky old guy. Well-designed holes with accuracy > distance and lots of tricky approaches.

Portage Park: wildly exceeded my expectations for a short 9-hole course. Gorgeous park under mature tree canopy that somehow managed to combine 6 mostly-downhill holes with 3 uphill holes and finish where you started.

Lowlights:

Mud and more mud, interspersed with puddles. I took a couple of spectacular pratfalls on slippery hillsides, and two pairs of shoes may never be the same. Note to self: avoid traveling north during mud season. :rolleyes: