• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hippodrome

reposado

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
theres a thread on this but its locked. im looking for some info

im not sure if two of the courses are always open, and two are just for tournaments. or if there are always two open and it rotates.

My understanding is that two are always open (Old Glory and Hogback), and the other two only for tournaments.

Hmm. I saw that. I feel like I heard somewhere that there was a rotation.

Oh well. Now I attempt to qualify for collegiate nationals.

Change is a constant at the Hippodrome. Who knows what the future holds? But this was the status when I visited last fall, and appears to be the status now.

Nope, no rotation. Just one set for normal people and one set for college kids with no other sports to play. I played hockey when I was in college in WI and season always went until the week AFTER regionals at Highbridge.....

From the website about nationals, it looks Luke the only people ineligible are touring pros.

Thus grad students are eligible with a full course load

From the website about nationals, it looks Luke the only people ineligible are touring pros.

Thus grad students are eligible with a full course load

Players who have already competed in six NCDGCs are also ineligible.

>> Grad student with three years eligibility left.

Players who have already competed in six NCDGCs are also ineligible.

>> Grad student with three years eligibility left.

... and UGA may or may not have been why the 6 year rule was put into effect :rolleyes:

My understanding is that two are always open (Old Glory and Hogback), and the other two only for tournaments.

Was just there last week and can second the above. I fell in love with both & plan to go back in September.

I did love the gooney golf element of Old Glory. Wide open with man made out of bounds, obstacles and mandos. Hog Back with the woods, and hog back (mounds) that create roll away's, the Grotto, etc.

Check out P.K. while you are close & add to the "flurry" of reviews & IDGC is about 30 mins away.

Had a great time at all the above last week:thmbup:

3 pix from Hogback

Attachments

• DSCF5965.jpg
    DSCF5965.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF5964.jpg
    DSCF5964.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF5961.jpg
    DSCF5961.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 25