• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 04/22/13: Ewing Park in Des Moines, IA

Pin A, White Tee, Par 3, 494': Teebird -> Teebird -> Rhyno
Pin A, Red Tee, Par 3, 360': Teebird -> Rhyno
Pin B, White Tee, Par 3, 458': Teebird -> Comet/Teebird-> Rhyno
Pin B, Red Tee, Par 3, 320': Teebird -> Rhyno
Pin C, White Tee, Par 3, 315': Teebird -> Rhyno
Pin C, Red Tee, Par 3, 180': Pure on a hyzer -> Rhyno

I agree with the general Teebird/Rhyno combo.

either a wiz, buzzz, teebird, firebird, roadruuner, or katana

A & B: Lace from both tees followed by an Ibex for the upshots and Sole for putting duties.
C: Ibex from the long and Ridge from the short. Sole to putt once again.

VIP Underworld if I thought I could sneak it under the tree branch; VIP Stag if I didn't.

Played here last weekend. It looks like the pictured position is one of the shorter ones to the right. It's pretty significantly uphill when it's in the long spot, which is where it was when we played. I tried a RR roller and failed, hitting a clump of trees about 300' up on the left. From there it was a pitch out to an Eagle forehand to a missed uphill 75'er and an ugly 5. Des Moines has nice courses! Prolly just throw a Lace next time around.

Way too many options. Gonna go with the tried and true, which you will have already guessed if you've been paying attention to my HOD posts recently (which we know you have):

Roc3. What? That's not it. Gazelle. From all of them.

Not really sure what I am looking at in the pictures. For the longer holes I am probably throwing my Lace, From 320 and in probably my Trak and for that one really short hole I am probably going to throw a VP or Ridge at it.

something fast, somewhat understable..im thinkin pearly champ beast turnover up over the hill, starting tight to the tree on the left. approach and finish dx aviar

I tried a RR roller and failed, hitting a clump of trees about 300' up on the left. From there it was a pitch out to an Eagle forehand to a missed uphill 75'er and an ugly 5.
That sounds about right. The initial drive never turns out well because you have to worry about both throwing high enough and not hitting any trees. The approach is hard because you don't want to end up stuck in that grove of trees. It seems like it should be easy but nothing ever seems to go right.

PPD hyzer flip for most of those combinations, wizard for the shortest, blizz boss for the longest.