• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/13/2016: Alex Clark Memorial DGC Hole 17 in McKinney, TX

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.45 from 53 reviews.

Hole 17
Par 3
Short: 219 ft.
Long: 251 ft.
Water in play.

Tee:
9f71fc44.jpg

Course Map

I don't know what is up with the map but it isn't showing up right for me.

I assume the water is left and basket is straight. Probably running a Fuse right up the gut. Maybe a Pure for the shorter.

RHBH Meteor or Hunter straight at it. Maybe RHFH with a Firebird, depending on the line's available.

Basket is slight left on the other side of a "ditch" that can hold water. But it has been a few years since Ive played here. Normally water is not in play. Road is about 20 feet pasted the basket as well.

Ion

I play this course with my wife sometimes as most holes are an easy 3 for her arm and it is very baby stroller friendly. I have never seen any markings for a long pad on this one, but there some other holes that have orange flags.

The water left can be a difficult climb down and has some thick foliage too, there's a cement runoff between the water and the road on the edge of the course property to help drainage that's about 30 feet in front of the basket- it's often a dry crik (not big enough for a creek) with a half-decent uphill slope if you come up short. Sidewalk beyond plays as OB that creates a long peninsula green that makes this one of the more 'placement drives' on the whole course. Still an easy 2.

I throw whatever driving putter I am currently working with, sometimes a flippy Core softly or FH a Spider if my arm is not felling it that day. Wife throws a Antidote, but she uses that for most throw anyway.

Fun course, makes for a decent warm-up before playing the big brother course Towne Lake right across the highway.

I play this course with my wife sometimes as most holes are an easy 3 for her arm and it is very baby stroller friendly. I have never seen any markings for a long pad on this one, but there some other holes that have orange flags..

Walking from 16 basket to 17 tee, the long tee is on the left at the top edge of the creek, probably closer to the previous basket than the next tee. You almost have to throw out over the creek if you want a look at a 2. Safe shot is a hyzer across dry ground and an easy up and down over the ravine.

I installed small 4x4 bricks in the ground to mark the longs but that was probably in 2006... Used to repaint them and stencil the hole number on them but I can't remember the last time that was done.

Really fun seeing ACM on the front page, learned to play at that course. I think my wife's first ace was on this hole for a good bit of cash at a wed mini.

fh firebird out to the left

(the map is screwed up, no #s on the holes, seems like a pdf layer issue)