• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/24/14: Wildcat Springs in Hamilton, IL

Pro Wraith RHFH, Buzz approach

I've played this one a few times, here's some more info...

- The sign is misleading, the dogleg occurs much earlier, before the road.

- The basket is about the same elevation as the tee or maybe even a little higher. But the ravine is WAY down.

- If you don't have more than 350 driving distance, you're going to end up way downhill from the basket, and left with a pretty tough uphill approach, even if you hit the gap.

- After you get through the gap the fairway narrows with a road on the left, so if you try to be a hero off the tee, it is very easy to fade out and go OB.

- The bottom of that ravine can be brutal. If you hit something at the gap and end up getting knocked all the way down the ravine, especially to the right, it's almost impossible to get out with a 3.

Last edited:
Seeing as I have no concept yet of how to throw, let alone control, an US disc and its flight path ... I will go with a RHFH.

The disc is going to be in question and it depends on how long the hole really plays. I will probably start with a Blizzard Katana on an Anny release, aimed right at the right edge of the gap in the trees, letting it flex out to the left side and the fade right back towards the hole after clearing the trees. If it plays really short though, I will keep the same game plan in terms of line, and disc down to my MVPbir.. I mean teebird (a guy can dream can't he?)

Clean up with an anode hopefully for birdy, or a aviar/anode if I am further out than I thought I would/should be lol

Haven't played this course yet, but I want to. Hard to tell from the picture the flow of the fairway. Looking at Google Satellite helps a little.

4RT3Vsg.jpg

Not sure if that's the exact pin location, but given the location of hole 2's tee pad it seems pretty close. Fairway looks tricky towards the second half... That big tree that's visible to the right of the "gap" is roughly 270ft away according to Google... Hmm.

I doubt I can safely land an aggressive anhyzer consistently. Throwing a big hyzer bomb over the trees on the right seems like it will get in trouble as well.

Eh...Wizard down the gap, then another Wizard or a Roc up to the green.

LHBH a very light and well seasoned star wraith through the trees, and possibly at or around the pole on a slight hyzer. River or Buzzz for an approach, and pure for the finish.

downhill shot, start out with stable tern but being that wide open wind might be a factor. i would go with a villian. straight up the gut but still will fight a wind. then lay up with pain or gator or fuse depending on angles.