• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD - 12-9-13 - IDGC - Steady Ed Headrick Memorial in Appling, GA

I tried to anhyzer an Avenger SS, got across the water, hit the trees where the log is in the water and kicked into the water. Bummer. Got my disc though.

Star Roadrunner aimed at the brush clump left of pin thrown with a little hyzer flip seems to slowly skate just enough to the right to be on line with the pin once it gets there (in a perfect world).

Flippy R-Pro Boss, RHBH

Why does the Tee sign and the actual photo look like 2 different holes.
The water level on the lake is highly variable. Pretty sure that's because it's a reeservoir for a dam, rather than an actual lake.

When I played, it was so low that only a decent RHBH hyzer could get wet. In the pic of the tee sign (below) it's quite high. The one pictured for HOD is somewhere in the middle and from a different angle than the one in the tee sign.
295dc805.jpg

Last edited:
LHBH Escape. We'll see how that treats me. Hopefully Wizard to finish.

I think I will go with others and just take the three and walk away. I will let others be more adventurous and take the stroke penalties.

Let's either go Champion Leopard straight ahead. The mild turn and then fade should put me at 330 or so. No need to crush this one. Or, I could go with the Tangent dead straight ahead, again for about 300 to 330.

Gnarly. I'd backhand a DX Leo off of the tee, then hopefully bomb a couple of Gazelle shots once it straightens out. Buzzz and Pure to finish around bogey (or worse).

RHBH Meteor put me under the short pin last time, so I think I'll just do that again ... maybe Buzzz if there's some wind.

Same drive going to long pin + RHBH Eagle, playing the skip + hit the putt

Star Roadrunner aimed at the brush clump left of pin thrown with a little hyzer flip seems to slowly skate just enough to the right to be on line with the pin once it gets there (in a perfect world).

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I ain't scared to go for it.

Flippy R-Pro Boss, RHBH

The water level on the lake is highly variable. Pretty sure that's because it's a reeservoir for a dam, rather than an actual lake.

When I played, it was so low that only a decent RHBH hyzer could get wet. In the pic of the tee sign (below) it's quite high. The one pictured for HOD is somewhere in the middle and from a different angle than the one in the tee sign.
295dc805.jpg

I can defiantly see that since the day I played it the water was even higher than this picture.

I believe this level is considered "full pool" for the lake level. Ideally, we want to get OB stakes installed on the lakeside holes so the line is the same whether the lake level is up or not so the hole plays the same when people visit.