• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD: 2/21/11

dodgeball

Double Eagle Member
Memorial Park DGC in Russell, KS.

Hole #7
No distance given

Tee:
181f1ddc.jpg

Picture by our own scarpfish. Hopefully he'll stop by and give an indication of the distance here.

Looks to be a shortish shot just over that big bush. Prolly no more than a putter shot but I'm not sure. I kinda like the teeboxes!

Im thinking either a Hornet, if the basket is back beyond that tree a bit to where a sweeping hyzer can run at it; but if not, might OH a Z Pred or go for the skip shot with the Z Pred around the tree.

Been a while since I've been there and took that pic. I'll try to get you guys an approximate distance off Google Earth. I can assure you that it's short though.

Yeah,those do look pretty tall,can't really tell from that view,but i'm also thinking a more overstable mid,possibly a drone.

I'll throw a high hyzer around the bush with a Wizard, or maybe with a Zone if I get one, then finish with Wizard again.

I've been looking at GE and photo angles for Holes 6-9, and I could be way off, but lets call it in the 260'-280' range. The thing I remember about this hole and the one after it is that you depending on the line you take, you could be firing dangerously close to one or both of those picnic shelters.

Then I'm guessing it must be a bigger dogleg than it looks like, and that it's behind the bush farther to the left. Otherwise, if that's 260-280', I can throw a lot farther than I thought I could. :)

So if my guess on the pin position is right, I'm probably gonna bust out a Demon with some hyzer high over the bush straight in front of the tee, hoping to park it for a 2 with my Wizard.

Judging by the turn, and how I throw my flick. (I primarily use it for overhand trouble shots, or turns like this.)

I'd throw my flick RHBH.

If it's over TWO sets of bushes, then I'm gonna change my shot once again. and throw a Z Tracker (once I get it) high to the right and let it fade back, maybe with a little hyzer.

I'm gonna go big hyzer out over by the shelters, z hornet in no wind, opto trident in any kind of wind.