• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/22/18 - Seatac DGC, Hole 19 in Seatac, WA

elmexdela

* Ace Member *
3.92 from 12

543 ft

033b1b53.jpg

74da299f.jpg

Tip from user shawnc65
"#19 is extremely long. First shot is best straight out and across the wide trail. You have to hope you come to rest somplace you can get through the trees. Some will be shooting for the basket, but even at my best I am usually just trying to get close on my third shot. The basket is almost straight out from the tee, but there is a wide open fairway that comes in from the left side. If you can bomb it with a left finish and somehow thread your way through the trees you can have a very open second shot. I'm usually trying to get up there on my second shot. come back toward the 18th tee for the 20th."

Jeez... Low ceiling, tight fairway, uphill, and over 500'?

I'm going beat S-PD off the tee, pumping it as far as I can. Likely playing for a 4.

RHBH Opto-X River straight ahead. Probably a Roc3 or MD depending on what's left.

Based on the local tip, it sounds like I'd toss a Patriot or Rival across the trail to set up my second shot.

Love this hole! Rhbh im going patriot or dx tbird gently finishing right of those 3 trees straight ahead past that big green holy. Then a roc up the next low ceiling super tight Up shot. Left side of that hole is 500 feet of jail. Really needs a second pic. One of the most technically diverse and rewarding courses in the state. Imo. Literally under the jet wash of seatac airport.

If this is the whole I think it is, and this picture is the basket from the landing area for the drive, here's how I played it the one time I played SeaTac:

Orion LF from the tee, 2006 USDGC Champ Rancho Roc (you can see it in the basket) in for the eagle 2.

Attachments

• 43AF74A9-3CC6-4B85-B95C-F42DC92A99CE.jpg
    43AF74A9-3CC6-4B85-B95C-F42DC92A99CE.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 14
Is this better? And is this the right hole?

picture.php

Attachments

• Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 8
this doesnt look that tough to me but i also am used to technical longer holes up in mn

rhbh plaz volt off the drive and then stay low and go rhbh a z wasp and hope for a 3

I believe this is hole 24, with the giant disc eating holly tree to the right of your lie. Nice shot btw.

I remember the wall, as seen in the picture above.

I have only played there one time, early morning, hungover, in 30+ mph gusty wind. Great holes and I can't wait to play it again in fairer weather.

easily one of the hardest holes on the course. Par 4 is considered excellent. 3 is very difficult. Esp with the tight fairways and the graffiti wall that you feel like youre going to hit off the tee. Typically, I hyzer flip with a beast or ce valk, throw an upshot (depending on the angle from the first shot) with a firebird if FH or teebird BH. Then hope to hit the jump putt for a bird. Doable for sure, but the entire course is long, tight, and technical. A true "pro's" course.

RHBH Jade up the middle and go from there.

RHBH Tern trying to get a little turn. If I'm lucky, might hit that gap and get through it a bit. But I expect to get hung up in the trees and get stuck with some kind of reacharound forehand.

Latest posts