• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/16/19: Hole: Hole 18 of The Canyons in Lockport, IL

Red - Flat Top DX Roc
W/B - Pro Leopard

Beautiful finishing hole, one of my favorites from ones I have played. This course is a lot of fun to play with many scenic shots. Water hasn't been to bad when I have played it, usually fairly easy to get your disc back if you should go right or long.

Red - Flat Top DX Roc
W/B - Pro Leopard

Beautiful finishing hole, one of my favorites from ones I have played. This course is a lot of fun to play with many scenic shots. Water hasn't been to bad when I have played it, usually fairly easy to get your disc back if you should go right or long.

The creek rises really quick after a good rain. Your discs are pretty much instantly lost the moment they touch the water when the water is up because the current moves really quick. Just keep that in mind if you return and the water is high. I've seen people lose 5 discs in one round before finally figuring out to play away from the water.

Red - DX FT Roc
White/Blue - Star Leo

The creek rises really quick after a good rain. Your discs are pretty much instantly lost the moment they touch the water when the water is up because the current moves really quick. Just keep that in mind if you return and the water is high. I've seen people lose 5 discs in one round before finally figuring out to play away from the water.

Good to know, both times I have been there has been in June and it was pretty low. Will keep this in mind if I visit in the spring. :hfive:

Very cool hole, and it kills me that I drove right past this course multiple times during my non-disc golf years.

The course hasn't been in the ground for that many years. You weren't missing any dg; just a pretty park.

I've never played the red, but I'd probably go RHFH with a fairway (I'm not comfortable FHing slower discs).
For the white/blue, nowadays I throw a mid RHBH and just try to get through the gap. The new placement does make a RHFH tempting though.

A while back I turned over a Leopard and got it stuck about halfway up the rock wall just past the stream. It was still there when I went back weeks later. If anyone climbed up (or down from the top) to get it then they earned it.

Lucid Escape from the long, and an Emac Truth from the short