• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/23/2021: Bird's Ruins DGC Hole #1 Marshall, WI

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Bird's Ruins DGC in Marshall, WI

Pin A: Am Tee 307 ft Pro Tee 387 ft
Pin B: Am Tee 361 ft Pro Tee 441 ft

"Right from the start, on #1's long tee, Bird's Ruins' rough lurks menacingly, serving warning to those foolhardy or talented enough to enter The Bush."

"Difficult first hole....its just really hard to par this one easily. You want to get off the tee and into the game but #1 says no free passes. The basket is located on a little island behind a line of trees guarded by tall trees and a sick little creek. Its a left to right throw. There's a considerable shrubby thing in the middle and....the schule left and right is very unpleasant. If you didn't warm up...even a little...you will be sorry. Punishing first hole and a 3 is stroke against your foursome.."

Pro Tee
38883f4c.jpg

Am Tee
05ae63df.jpg

Basket
215200fa.jpg

My favorite hole on the course. I usually throw a sidearm short of the island and then a short approach/run at the basket.

I've only seen the basket on the island once.

A: Lucid Maverick turnover
B: VIP Northman

when i played im pretty sure it was a rhfh placement and crossed the creek on the wooded upshot and i tapped in for 3

needed the placement like 300 out and stay on fairway

i really enjoyed this course and it was a great start