• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/31/2022: Moraine State Park Hole #15 Portersville, PA

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Moraine State Park in Portersville, PA

Pin A: 597 ft 690 ft 843 ft
Pin B: 651 ft 744 ft 897 ft
Pin C: 663 ft 756 ft 909 ft

"Hole 15 is the signature hole of Moraine State Park, the signature hole of Pittsburgh, and quite possibly the most signature hole in disc golf, well recognized from the PDGA commercial, with Paul throwing over the trees with the gorgeous lake in the background. A beautiful downhill drive, forcing either a layup giving a difficult approach, or a long drive to play for an easier upshot."

"Hole 15 differs from the other holes with a wide-open hilltop drive leading to a right-bending fairway which leads to downhill to another large and beautiful green near a large reservoir lake."

"#15 was a great view, and one of the best holes I've ever played. You could see the Lake and rolling hills in the distance. Long, downhill shot that gives you a break from the woods."

"I won't get too into details, but 15 is sick. The fewest trees of any hole, giving a fantastic view of the lake, over 850' from the long tee and way down hill. Two boomers and one putt if you do it right, I had to take an short approach from the rough near the basket, and made a four. "

"15 - The signature hole. A long right then left S-Curve with a drop in elevation of about 50ft halfway through. Spectacular view of Lake Arthur from the tee pads, and one of the few opportunities to really grip it and rip it."

"15- One of the premiere holes in Western PA. Gives you a great view of the lake and plays long, hard right, then downhill. If you hit a roller just right, you may be able to birdie this hole"

"#15 The most famous hole on course and only chance to truly rip into open space. Downhill 852 dogleg right to lake below. Beware the wind and the elevation drop can mess with your mind."

"Hole 15 is truly spectacular: Looks nice from the elevated Gold Tee, but if you don't stop at the landing area to appreciate the view, check for a pulse."

"And lastly, the famous hole 15 - truly EPIC. This hole defines this course. It is one of the all time great holes. You will stand highly elevated, looking over the vast 852ft. fairway that leads down to the beautiful lake backdrop with rough on both sides of a very manageable fairway that just begs you to throw with every last ounce of juice and you have a bag full of discs at your side."

"#15 is by far the most spectacular and fun hole on the course. Great downhill view to the lake. It's a grip and rip hole that still demands a well-executed flight path to avoid brush and take best advantage of the dogleg. Long tossers will benefit from a spotter."

"15...Hands down the, most beautiful hole, (and now probably my most favorite) on the course . The only hole you'll be able to get off an undisturbed long drive. From blue or gold over looking the mountain and the lake."

Gold Tee
168e943b.jpg

Blue Tee
bab50866.jpg

White Tee
1756c84d.jpg

Mid-Fairway
0114940e.jpg

Basket to Tee
62213a56.jpg

Tee Sign
4f9e6c55.jpg

Tee Sign
01f75979.jpg

Awesome hole on an awesome course.

VIP Northman.

The famous "Its my Job!" hole! My home course

I always layup and take the easy hyzer off the tee with a stable Orc, then an orc or banshee to the bottom pin

The famous "Its my Job!" hole! My home course

I always layup and take the easy hyzer off the tee with a stable Orc, then an orc or banshee to the bottom pin

Wow, it's Moraine, it's THIS hole even :)
It's such an interesting choice for mortals. I have no idea what the superhumans do off the golds. But for mortals off the whites or blues, laying up a putter to the top of the hill before the bend allows you to mash that second shot and take advantage of the altitude drop to soar over the tree. On the other hand, you can take that bend, but the further you press toward the basket, the greater your chances of having to throw with that tree getting in the way because the right side OB has to be considered. I lay up to the top of the hill and juice up a Merlin... it's the only time I use a distance driver on this entire course.

Opto Ballista Pro on a hyzer flip, then probably do it again

This picture almost wants to make me get on a plane with my bag and fly to Pittsburgh to go play there, this hole and this course are that good.

Hyzerflip pharaoh mash. Looking for power hyzer approach on shorter pins. For longer pins second mash cuz this looks epic. Gorgeous hole. Bucket list.