• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holes IN Hell!!!

You ever play a southern Arizona course in July?...HOT AS HELL.

Does anyone else think the Devil's solo was better than Johnny's?

As far as hell holes...can't say I've ever come across a disc golf hole I didn't like at least in some regard.

Sidewinding, are you sure you are not already a resident of hell? You seem to have this down!

Does anyone else think the Devil's solo was better than Johnny's?

As far as hell holes...can't say I've ever come across a disc golf hole I didn't like at least in some regard.

The Devil's solo was definitely better, at least in the Charlie Daniels version I heard. ;)

Props to the above posters for the Charlie Daniels references. And the Devil's solo was most certainly the better of the two.

As for DG in hell? Well, you know all those threads bitching about slow players, people who throw on other people, pot-smokers, drunkards, large groups, and people walking their dog and/or picnicing in the fairways? Yeah, imagine that only replace the people with a bunch of evil-bastard demons.

Taking too long on a hole? The group of 40 crack-smoking, drunkard dogwalking/picnicing demons behind you will toss before you even get a chance for an upshot, then ogle your women while rudely playing through your group, tossing beer cans, ho-ho wrappers and crack-pipes away all willy nilly. Then, because it is H-E-Double Hockey Stick afterall, they decide to play super slow and not let anyone play through. And they make sure their dogs **** all over the next hole's tee-pad (natural and uneven with stumps and broken glass, by the way) and then leave the roasted remains of one of the dogs on top of the basket for good measure. Oh and graffiti somewhere in their too; maybe they could spell their names on the teepad with smeared ****. "Wormwood and Screwtape pooped here."

Hole 16, Giles Run in Lorton, VA...white to white:

915 feet....your tee off is slightly uphill with a narrow "safe landing area", to hit. If you miss right, you might as well kiss your plastic bye-bye, as the steep valley is filled with nasty thorns that make recovery very hard and painful.

the middle part of the hole is a tricking transition from slight uphill to steep downhill with a pretty wide open area, however, the wind really whips up at that part so I've seen many throws get caught and fly waaaaay off course.

If you hole out with a 4 it's an impressive feat.

Every tee pad is uneven slick concrete with a rusty, jagged metal tee sign on the front right corner (reverse that for all of you in lefty hell)

Immediately after you crush a drive, the head of the local parks department and his family, including his ailing mother, lawyer wife, and 2 young children, appear from behind a small hill and are walking directly into the flight path of your disc.

While lining up your putt on the eighteenth hole, after playing the round of your life, getting ready to shoot the greatest round ever known to disc golf, your bag tips over and your playing partners notice all of your discs are punctured...

And then there's this little gem ...

picture.php

The devil is way better in the Kids in the Hall skit, but he's no match for Bobby's wah wah petal!

Well, based on the numerous reviews on this site, any hole in the Chicagoland area counts.

Ive always wanted to play a hole thats on an island, you throw to the middle of a lake, then take a small bridge out to ur disc (Bridge is not big enough to reasonably land ur disc on). If theres a hole like that out there, let me know! I need to play it!

I know of a private course in Wisconsin that shoots to an island, and disc retrieval requires either a canoe ride, or a swim across a lake inlet.

Beat DX valks will be the only disc available in Hell.

Many worse things than a beat DX Valk. If I only had one disc for eternity (meaning, no matter what disc you had it would be beat before long), a Valk would be one of the best.

I know of a private course in Wisconsin that shoots to an island, and disc retrieval requires either a canoe ride, or a swim across a lake inlet.

That could be really cool. But it could also be a major headache.

So... which one is it?

Many worse things than a beat DX Valk. If I only had one disc for eternity (meaning, no matter what disc you had it would be beat before long), a Valk would be one of the best.

Yeah, I could be stuck with a Roadrunner and it's a headwind no matter which direction I face!

Latest posts