• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade Carts

I ended up going with something similar for the lower strap retainer bars and put stainless disc on the top. For version 2.0, I will just weld aluminum caps on those bars. That will be cheaper, easier and more durable.

I made a "T" out of the handle and have threaded end caps on order for that so that I can put a cell phone holder on it. I'll post more pics when it is finally complete.

as far as finishing the holes, if i gathered that was what you was trying to do, yo can make some wood plugs to jam in there and paint them

So, when I saw Doof's cart, I made a few suggestions. He listened and made version two. Same basic design with the plate to hold the bag higher, making it easy for a short guy like me to reach all discs, and perfect spot for the Yeti Hopper Flip.

What color should this one be painted?
IMG_20170228_083902_zpspjmxtgyu.jpg

IMG_20170228_083946_zpsidjzwcfd.jpg

That's a shame. It's a great sport to watch (and play) once you know the rules. I guess I could've said the Reds, too. There's just not much of a reason to root for them anymore unless you live in the area.

Was that in the 90s? The Eric Davis/ Nasty Boys era?

Or was it the Big Red Machine?

We've had some high points, that's for sure.

Was that in the 90s? The Eric Davis/ Nasty Boys era?

Or was it the Big Red Machine?

We've had some high points, that's for sure.

Well, I'm about to turn 50, so as a kid, it was the BRM. Bench is my all time favorite player. I stuck with them through the Nasty Boys. In fact, I was in Tiger(LSU) Stadium watching LSU/Kentucky football during the clinching game against the As in '90. It was interesting because we were seated in the Kentucky section, and I had the only radio around. Their fans were way more interested in me telling them what was going on in the baseball game than the football game they travelled to see.

Well, I'm about to turn 50, so as a kid, it was the BRM. Bench is my all time favorite player. I stuck with them through the Nasty Boys. In fact, I was in Tiger(LSU) Stadium watching LSU/Kentucky football during the clinching game against the As in '90. It was interesting because we were seated in the Kentucky section, and I had the only radio around. Their fans were way more interested in me telling them what was going on in the baseball game than the football game they travelled to see.

I was in/barely out of diapers during that era (42 here). I did get to see Pete Rose play a bunch as a kid. Charlie Hustle is my favorite ball player. 110% every second he was on the field. Have some less than favorable experiences with JB in person, but that man could play ball too. So much talent during that era. It's a shame that Marge drained the farm system for our last pennant. We're still struggling to recover.

Sounds like you've figured out a color scheme for the cart though... :D

I am a Red Sox fan from way back, so 1975 was the first of many heartbreaks for me, but it was probably the greatest World Series ever. The Red Sox were great that year, but the BRM was just a little better. I felt a little validation the next year when the Yankees made it to the series, and got unceremoniously swept by the Reds. There were just no easy outs with that Reds lineup.

Latest posts