• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade course

sgamerp

Thanks, Dad
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So, I have made a basket(it's defiantly not regulation) But I had a PVC Pipe and my girlfriends uncle works in Heating and Cooling so he has these big Baskets to cover the fans. Buying some Chains and some S hooks was a little under 25 bucks, and my roommate may throw in for some more. I will be able to have about 2 to 3 good holes with the one basket is it something I should put on here? I am not sure if a lot of people would want to play seeing as it's a homemade basket and i won't really have tee pads, but just really wondering what the general thought is.

P.S. Pictures will be posted after this weekend.

you should post pictures and we should talk about it, and perhaps you could list it as a private course with a contact email if anybody wishes to play with you.

\/\/

I mean It's manly so i can practice putting but there will be like one 150 foot downhill and one about 150 through some woods. I am gunna get the weed whacking started and clear stuff out and I will try and get some pictures up by the end of the weekend.

i have some woods behind my house that i want to make an object course. red band of tape on tree for tee, double yellow on tree thats basket.

been talking about it, just havent done it yet. it should be good tho

Man i spent about an hour or so weed whipping. It looks like i got in a fight with a bush and lost. Still got plenty of weeds to whip still. BOOO

I would love to see pics of your homemade basket and welcome to the site

you should post pictures and we should talk about it, and perhaps you could list it as a private course with a contact email if anybody wishes to play with you.

\/\/

I don't recommend adding it as a private course unless you have 9 baskets.
I have 3 practice baskets in my yard, but don't call it a course.

the picture isn't the best but i took it with my camera phone.

33416_584766647878_208701450_33796048_777064_n.jpg

it's two baskets at top and bottom, I'm actually going to add a little rail over the top and get some more chains and cut the ones i got down a little once i get some more time/ money to spend. But this works for now.

Also I have been part of the site for two years now just haven't used the forums much until now :p

Anyone will be welcome to play, but it's not going to be the best thing on earth, it's mainly so my Roommate and I can get our putts a little better. I almost kicked my self the other day when I had two birdie chances at Fallasburg on 9 and 10 and missed two 30 ft putts to hitting the bottom of the pole.

where you at? ... i'm on cherry by st mary s

I live right off the east beltline. It's going to take a bit of time to get everything where I want it before people start coming over (maybe a week or two) but save this thread and I'll let you know when it comes along.

The pic is on the first page of the tread. I am actually only going to have about enough space for two holes with one basket right now. I have some more area in which i can maybe make 1 or 2 more holes but right now it's just got a lot of rough I need to clean up. And my weed whip is getting tired about every 20 minutes. lol

grand rapids

Hey, I live near GR as well, and built my own basket last spring for about $35. I used a bike rim for the top, with 12 24" outer chains and 6 18" inner chains, with a pvc pipe as a center pole, a plastic tub i got for $1 at goodwill, and an office chair base.

It's flimsy though, I need to get a better center pole, and secure the chains in place (S-hooks slide around, duct tape doesn't hold them well enough)

I'd love to play your home course when it's done