• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

Putting you guys to shame with my basket ;)

Found a stick in the woods, cut off the bark and knots with a knife, wrapped some bright green rope I found in my utility closet around it at approximate chain height, then hammered it into the ground. Encourages accuracy :)

15cja06.jpg

not worth taking the picture!

Heres mine:
myDiscatcher.jpg

2''pvc - free from friend
webber charcole grate, lowes, - $11
26'' pond liner(whiskey barrel liner), lowes, - $15
50' chain, lowes, - .49cents/foot -$25
base - cut legs from table i had
3 L-brackets(to hold up the bucket, not visible)-$5.75
Total - about $56
QUOTE]

Did you use the 2/0 steel chain from lowes? I am making one and the chain cost alot more
no, he didnt use the right chain. I just paid a 1.10

good to know about the 26inch pond liner. been racking my brain. didnt want to build one outta wood.

Chain should look like this. you need 20 links for the 12 outer and 18 links for the 12 inner and middle. A total of 456 links plus the 24 that you will cut

Attachments

• IMG00049-20100410-2019.jpg
    IMG00049-20100410-2019.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 73
Chain should look like this. you need 20 links for the 12 outer and 18 links for the 12 inner and middle. A total of 456 links plus the 24 that you will cut

Good info, thanks for the direction :)

Tip: If you know how many links you want your chain to be, just measure it out and mark the link you want cut out with masking tape. Then have the Lowes (or whatever store you go to) cut the chain to the right length for you. This saved me a lot of time and effort as my bolt cutters are apparently garbage.

I just finished upgrading all of my home course baskets with inner chains today. I'm sure that the people at Lowes will be glad that they don't have to cut 21 individual pieces of chain for me again for a while (7 inner chains each for 3 of my Insteps).

Tip: If you know how many links you want your chain to be, just measure it out and mark the link you want cut out with masking tape. Then have the Lowes (or whatever store you go to) cut the chain to the right length for you. This saved me a lot of time and effort as my bolt cutters are apparently garbage.

I just finished upgrading all of my home course baskets with inner chains today. I'm sure that the people at Lowes will be glad that they don't have to cut 21 individual pieces of chain for me again for a while (7 inner chains each for 3 of my Insteps).
I thought about seeing if they would do it. I was in a hurry and didnt think the guy would want to cut 24 pieces of chain. I know I wouldnt.
Also thought I had access to bolt cutters. I was wrong. Gonna try a vice and angle grinder

You can get 2/0 chain online via Ebay. Look for "Trapping chain". Sometimes you see 2/0 Straight link chain there pretty cheap. Shipping even was cheap which surprised me.

Deployment Basket's

Here is one of the three baskets I made on my last rip over. Scrounged materials were a nice find. Basket was portable and pretty damn close to regulation dimensions.

Attachments

• Picture 127.1.jpg
    Picture 127.1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 333

And if you use 2/0 straight link coil chain like on Innova baskets, there are approximately 9 links per foot which works out to 53.33333333 feet.

I got the chain cut. I couldnt find bolt cutters so i used an angle grinder.I was left with 7 links. My buddy found me a bike rim thats the perfect size. Now I just need to grab a few more s hooks and cut a piece of fence pole. the 9 gallon pond liner from lowes is perfect for the basket.Now its build time. Would like to finish today but with the weather is so nice Im gonna have to get out there and play. Ill post pics when its done.

Here is my progress so far. Threw it together real quick because I had some impatient friends over. Got a little tweaking to do, but works like a charm as is. Forgot to put the nice tire on for the pic.

Attachments

• disc basket.jpg
    disc basket.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 240

Latest posts