• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Houston disc golf scene

champ

I'm moving to Houston in a couple of weeks and was curious about the disc golf scene there. I'll be living in the medical center area and was thinking about joining a league. Any suggestions on league play? I've been playing for about a year and a half and would love to find some guys to play with in the Houston area.

I'm moving to Houston in a couple of weeks and was curious about the disc golf scene there. I'll be living in the medical center area and was thinking about joining a league. Any suggestions on league play? I've been playing for about a year and a half and would love to find some guys to play with in the Houston area.

If you're going to be in the med center I would suggest MacGregor along with Mozola when it comes to leagues. Tom Bass is probably 15min away from you down 288 and has two long open courses that used to be very nice before they lost some trees during some hurricanes.

They local tournament series has a C-tier every month featuring different courses and it is structured for the newer AM. Anyway there are probably 35 courses near town and only 7-8 worth playing. Spring Valley is one of the better courses along with a few others they just put in on the northside but there isn't anything championship level around town.

Check out the Houston Flying Disc Society forum. You'll find info there on the HFDS leagues and various weekly minis that run as well as the local sanctioned and unsanctioned tournaments.

You've got a few good options being located centrally, you may want to hit a couple of them first before settling. Mazola is cool, but you'd only be hitting 9 where as you go Anges or MacGregor you've got 18 - and MacGregor is the closest.