• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Houston North Side--Best Course?

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I'll be in Houston and have a chance to play1 round this Saturday morning. Looking for something that's challenging and fun. Staying fairly close to George Bush Airport. Any suggestions?

I'll be in Houston and have a chance to play1 round this Saturday morning. Looking for something that's challenging and fun. Staying fairly close to George Bush Airport. Any suggestions?

Even though the airport is north of downtown, its off to the east and its actually going to be easier to get to courses south of you. Milby Park is probably your best choice in terms of traffic and it also is going to be one of they driest courses. All you have to do is take 59 south to I-45 south to 610 east.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6187

I really liked Windwood Presbyterian DGC when I was there. Very fun and challenging course. You do have to check in first before playing.

As stated, Milby is probably your best bet right now due to all the rain we are/have been getting. Natural boxes, but it's a newer course so they won't be all rutted.

The newest course is White Oak North. Again, natural boxes but still new. I heard it has been mowed in the last 2 weeks, but haven't been out there to see. Also the grass here can get quite tall with 2 weeks of rain.

Normally, I would suggest North Side Christian, but I am 98% sure the back 4 holes are flooded.

I'll most likely be at Milby tomorrow morning with a few buddies and Moon Tower Inn later for a rabbit hot dog and a couple beers. Send me a PM if you'd like to join us and I'll give you my number. We usually meet up around 8-830.

Thanks for the info guys. I was pretty bummed not to be able to get out. The flight got in late Friday night ( 5 hours late) and Saturday weather wasn't looking the best when I woke up.

anyone know what weather will do to traffic and courses in the area Thursday?

Surprisingly, TC Jester had no snow yesterday (Tuesday). There was some rain today, but TC Jester also drains fairly well compared to other courses in the area.