• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] How does an Evader compare to an Eagle X?

seedlings

* Ace Member *
If you've thrown both, how does an Evader compare to an Eagle X? If you happen to know off-the-shelf and beat-in flight characteristics, that would be super helpful info!

I throw a beat-in Star Eagle-X and was looking for a Champion, but can't find one. I might try the Evader.

I have Explorer, FD, TL, TL3, Teebird, but haven't thrown an Evader.

Yes, champ eagles are getting hard to come by. Are you looking for the beat-to-straight eagle flight? If so, I'd check out the Infinite Exodus. But, to your point, I haven't thrown an evader so can't help you there.

I've thrown a 1st run Lucid ~169g that reminded me a lot of a slightly beat in Star Eagle X or a brand spanking new C-EL. Really straight with late fade, good glide, sneaky long. I since bought a SE glimmer Evader that is 170-something and it's like a newish EX, decently OS but not one of those mini-FB Eagles.

I've thrown a 1st run Lucid ~169g that reminded me a lot of a slightly beat in Star Eagle X or a brand spanking new C-EL. Really straight with late fade, good glide, sneaky long. I since bought a SE glimmer Evader that is 170-something and it's like a newish EX, decently OS but not one of those mini-FB Eagles.

How about wind? Eagle is pretty good in headwind, within limits. It never goes all the way over, and usually comes back.

Not sure yet. The SE seems like it would be okay in the wind but I've been fooled before. I don't think the 1st run I threw would put up with as much headwind as a flat EX would.

Are they longer than EX's? I like the flight of the Eagle just wish it was a little bit longer.

I know the OLF is a longer EX but I'm looking for something that doesn't need to be thrown harder to get up to speed.

Are they longer than EX's? I like the flight of the Eagle just wish it was a little bit longer.

I know the OLF is a longer EX but I'm looking for something that doesn't need to be thrown harder to get up to speed.

Have you ever thrown a dx eagle ? DX glides forever, my dx usually end up 15 - 20 feet longer than champ/star