• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Champ Eagle-X vs Latitude64 XXX?

seedlings

* Ace Member *
If you have thrown both a Campion Eagle-X and the L64 XXX (unsure plastics), I would love to hear a casual comparison about overstability, feel, how they beat up.

Both a Firebird and an EX will fly farther than the xXx, too.

I made the right decision. I want to bail out on speed 5 overstable discs (Drone, Verdict), and slight power down (or not?) a speed 7. This should guarantee no drifting turn in the wind. Speed 9 Firebird/felon would be too much.

I made the right decision. I want to bail out on speed 5 overstable discs (Drone, Verdict), and slight power down (or not?) a speed 7. This should guarantee no drifting turn in the wind. Speed 9 Firebird/felon would be too much.

If it matters to you, a XXX has a traditionally 10 speed size rim (2.0 cm).
Some good "slower" firebird alternatives would be a Banshee, EXP-X (banshee clone but I believe generally flatter), Resistor, Xtreme, Gateway Blaze I guess?

Some good "slower" firebird alternatives would be a Banshee, EXP-X (banshee clone but I believe generally flatter), Resistor, Xtreme, Gateway Blaze I guess?

Have you thrown them? It's "speed 10" rim does NOT fly that way. Just grip is affected.

Have you thrown them? It's "speed 10" rim does NOT fly that way. Just grip is affected.

I have one in the bag right now actually, it is certainly overstable enough to not fly like a 10 speed, but for me it's only 15 feet shorter than a firebird.

Same issue with the Trident, they list it as a 5 speed, but it has the rim of a 7 speed, and when you beat them in it shows those 7 speed legs.

I did not notice that! It's just 1mm narrower than the Flick I bag. Well, well, well... maybe I can get a 2-for-1 slot exchange.

Or a bust... time will tell.

The EXP-X is like a Banshee-Eagle X combo I think. Good disc but doesn't hold the overstability like the flat Champ Banshees did (might be the luster plastic they're only available in).

The xXx has a wider rim than you think but it's one of Latitude's old school (lol) plus rim molds so it doesn't feel that wide. Definitely flies slower than a 10 speed. In my mind I think of it as an 8 speed.

I was at the Dynamic Discs store today. Of course they've been out of XXX forever, but I told the clerk that it had a 20mm wing, only 1mm less than.a Flick. He went straight to the computer to look it up. He was confused and said he was going to do more research since most 7 speeds are 17~18mm.