• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
took 8 months for my first ace, still waiting for my second. i've had a couple of close calls (hit cage, hit chains, etc) but haven't got ace no.2 yet.

First and only, about a year and a half. 3 days after my birthday. Happy Birthday to me.

closing in on 2 years. I have gotten so close so many times... see sig

Seriously picked up the game in March of last year (2010) and first ace came in August. Second one came a couple weeks later, and now the drought has begun.

I have learned that the Ace will come when you are not going for it. When I got my ace, I was just trying to park it close to the basket, I wasn't going for an Ace, and it just happened.

I have learned that the Ace will come when you are not going for it. When I got my ace, I was just trying to park it close to the basket, I wasn't going for an Ace, and it just happened.

Agreed. My first came on a new course with a hidden pin. I stepped to the side, took a quick peek at the pin location, got back on the tee and just tried to get it close. Next thing I hear is the chains.

I almost aced a hole yesterday with my Vibram Ascent. It was an uphill anhyzer drive that hit the chains hard, but bounced out. The way it sounded I was surprised it didn't stick, but I'm still 3.8 years and counting... :(

Way tooooooo damn long...LOL

six years, five of them playing tourneys. I had 30+ chain outs and metals, but none stuck...even two black aces. I even had one tourney where I had a chain out on back to back rounds on the same hole.

But finally three weeks ago it happened. 350+ steep downhill with a opto River at Buffalo Ridge here in Phoenix. Then the next day had another one skip right off the top of the basket.

3 years or so, ive gotten 15 since, many of them the last 2 years..

Playing regularly - about 3 years (and a Cubby ace at that).
Playing once a year - I dunno, how long has it been since the Aviar was a distance driver? ;)

What is crazy is that I got my first ace the third time I ever played. Hole 7 white tees at Johnson St. High Point NC. I wasnt really playing much then. I moved to Boone NC and play the West jeff course all the time. (Ashe County Park) I didnt get an ace for almost 3 years after the first one. A few other really good golfers that I made friends with up here have never gotten one. August of last year I had one go in at a private course I play at and from there it was on. I got 7 aces now one round at the end of last year I got two aces at Lakes Edge in Reidsville in the same round. Got my first tourney ace in Mookys Cup at Johnson St. (Hole 8 blue tees) this year. But my friends who are nearly as good as I am still don't have one. It requires some luck but the better that you get the more opportunites you have to cash in on your first one.

I was playing with a local here and at the beginning of the round, he remarked that he had eight aces, but hadn't had one in two years. He said it had better be an amazing ace to be worth the wait.

Twenty minutes later, he aced #7 at Ellison. It's a 540' huge downhill hole, and anybody who's played it knows how big that ace is.

Upon checking with the local clubs, there has only been one other confirmed ace on that hole in the last twenty years.

100% worth the wait!

Got my first Ace earlier this week (4/12), Two weeks into my 3rd season. #13 at lippold park in Crystal lake, IL its a 147 foot well wooded hole. Two lanes to choose, one right turn and one left fade both about 10 feet wide. I took the right, as I always do. It seems though that the easier ace shot would be taking the left hallway. The basket is guarded well on the right by three trees 10 feet away.

I have 1 Ace, and I have hit metal 4 times in 4 years. Hit the bottom of the pole a few weeks ago, which sucks, because if it had been 3 feet higher, it would have landed chains dead center.

It also depends on the course that you play alot. I know several golfers that are terrible yet have multiple aces on short courses. No ace is the same. unless u ace the same hole twoce. :)