• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long of drive for you to play?

some courses that i play at have houses really close to the course, i'd love to buy one of those houses and play disc golf all day every day

3 minute walk to Kenwood

40 min drive to Northend Riverside, Log Lake, Kingsley

1 hr drive +/- to Hickory Hills, Mt Holiday, Myles Kimmerly, Lake Ann, Avalanche, Boyne Mtn, CMU, Deerfield Park, Newaygo

1-2 hr drive to River Rd Sports Park, Ludington, Flip City, Whitehall, Chippewa Banks, Tittabawassee, and everything in the Lansing and Grand Rapids areas.

Last edited:
Our home course Jospeh Davis State Park is only 15 minutes drive. But within 30 minutes drive there are 6 other courses. And in 45 minutes drive 2 more including the Championship course at Emery Park.

Western NY is the best.

Take the ride to Rochester and hit up Ellison and Baker farm (I'd include Parma or Basil if you had a guide and the energy)

I drove an hour and a half for the sole purpose of playing Full Circle Farm in VA.
When I was visiting family in Western NY I drove over an hour for a 9 hole course in Naples, NY
also any time I drive from MD to NY I play a PA course, but that is not driving soley for disc golf.
I will drive over 2 hours to play Paw Paw WV very soon

I will drive over 2 hours to play Paw Paw WV very soon

Funny that you mention Paw Paw! It, techinacally speaking, has the closest chains to me, but it's a 1 hour drive over the hills and through the woods.

Other than that, it's 1 hour to two different small 9s at Shawnee State Park and Red Neck. Or an hour and 10 minutes to a long 9 at Nemacolin resort.

Or, I just walk outside and play on the 18 that I have set up around 6 pin positions at my house. I currently have 2 permanent pins in place and am working on two more currently. Otherwise, I have to shift around a couple Skillshots. But hey, I can practice my down hill putting off of my back porch! :D

The furthest I have driven for one course specifically is about 5o minutes to blue ribbon pines but i ended up playing two others one before and one after. I have driven 225 miles in a day to hit up like 7 or 8 courses a couple of times. Fortunately I have an Honda Accord soI get good mileage and that day cost me like $30 including lunch and gatorade . . . plus the vehicle expenses I guess.

I have three courses with in 10 minutes of my house. 2 are 18 holes and offer a challenge to both beginners and pros. The 9 hole is a simple warm up course or beginner. With in 30 minutes I have at least 15 more course that will challenge any player. Luckily within an hour there are another 17 courses with at least 3 more new ones being built. Man it is good to have choices.

One course is 15 min from house. Second being built right now is about 10. Other than that I have probably 10 or so all within an hour.

i freaking wich. my local course is 15 miles away but almost 40 minutes because of back roads

Gotta love Massachusetts for their road system. :rolleyes:

Tully Lake was a pretty decent course though.

I have a course in town that I have yet to try, it's a private course and I haven't gotten around to calling the owner yet as I have just moved here. Bryant Lake and Hyland are both under 20 minute drives and Lions park is a 15.

Blue Ribbon Pines is just over an hour, I'll have to make the trip sometime to check it out.

When my girlfriend and I were choosing places to live, I really wanted to choose a town that had a really nice course with 5 minutes....but we ended choosing a town that would just be nicer to live in overall. I'm happy with the distances that I am from courses, plus my new appartment has a park right behind it that I've been making my own course set-up with my practice basket.

i freaking wich. my local course is 15 miles away but almost 40 minutes because of back roads

That's because you live in a town that somehow placed itself in the middle of, yet inaccessible of all major roads. I used to want to take a nap traveling Rt. 140 between Rt. 2 and Rt. 12.

People in Winchindon even hate traveling to Winchindon! :p

The nearest course is 42 miles and I try to get there 3 times a week.

Newport News DG course

New Quarter is next at 48 miles

After that Richmond VA has several.

30 minutes

Being that I live in downtown Phoenix, I typically have to drive about 20 minutes or so to play. Most of the courses that I do drive to are rated a 3/5. I have gone to Flagstaff area about 2 hours north to play a few times though.

Well Iron Hill, DE is about 15 minutes away; Brandywine, DE is about 30 minutes away; White Clay Creek, DE is also about 30 minutes away. I drove up to Tyler, PA a couple of weeks ago and that was over an hour. Normally I just stay in state because of all the good courses here.

I pretty much live in the middle of Cincinnati (2 minutes from Mt. Airy) and all the courses in the area are a 45 minute drive max, most around 20 minutes. Idlewild and Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) are 20-25 minutes depending on the Brent Spence traffic.

I have driven ~2 hours twice to play two of Chillicothe's courses (Great Seal and Pike Lake) and three of Columbus' (Hambrick, Blendon Woods, and Lodbell Reserve) in a day.

Now that I'm wokring again and building vacation time, I will be taking a trip next summer to play Flip City and the Toboggan (5-7 hours).

I also am planning on playing the Grange courses and Hawk Hollow (if it's open when I'm there) - may try and hit the Paw Paw duo in WV on the way there also - the next time I visit family in Charlottesville, so that's technically 10-12 hours.

Was just curious how far/long you drive to get to courses. (In Ohio, distance is measured in time when driving)

it's the same way in wisconsin, and i'm glad we aren't the only state that does that. i drove 45 minutes to play a course that i was utterly disappointed with. it was really a letdown...since then, i've stuck with courses that i know.

it's the same way in wisconsin, and i'm glad we aren't the only state that does that. i drove 45 minutes to play a course that i was utterly disappointed with. it was really a letdown...since then, i've stuck with courses that i know.

Well, today I am going to drive a little over an hour to get to Deis Park. Looking at the photos and hole info; I dont think I will be dissapointed at all. If I dont see holes over 300', I look to see how many are pretty close to 300'. If the majority is less than that, I likely wont make such a drive.

Latest posts