• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses since 1975?

I'm kinda glad that there is some mystery to this sport. And just think, 150 years from now some of those same courses will be claiming still that they were the second or fifth, or even the 100th course made. Who knows, in a hundred and fifty years they might be able to go back in time a watch the first course being made! Probably watching us with jealousy as we throw real plastic.
Biz
Team Bert

1st & 2nd oldest courses...

Here are pics from Oak Grove DGC & Huntington Beach DGC, claiming to be the World's 1st and 2nd Oldest courses. It was one fun trip through the southern/central California last year.

Attachments

• Huntington Beach DGC.jpg
    Huntington Beach DGC.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Oak Grove DGC.jpg
    Oak Grove DGC.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 20
West Park in Joliet, IL was installed in '78 certainly not as old as some others but certainly in the conversation. Has stood the test of time well.

West Park in Joliet, IL was installed in '78 certainly not as old as some others but certainly in the conversation. Has stood the test of time well.

West Park was one of the first two courses in Illinois along with Adler Park I believe, and I've heard Ed had some kind of association with the design at West Park.