• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

# of Courses per State

So why are these two types of courses not as good for rec play as a course with one tee and one basket for 18 holes from a playability standpoint for an individual? I 100% agree they handle half the volume of players on a loaded rec course and for tournaments.

Lack of variety. Instead of 18 distinctly different holes, you have 18 holes, 9 of which are the same or similar to 9 others, due to the shared nature of part of those holes.

Norway has 137 courses according to Udisc, if you consider that not all of them are registered, it should be at least 150.

This is a pretty US-centric site, so the country list is probably off by too much to be reliable in any way. Finland has around 625 courses, Estonia has around 111 etc. Even these local sites aren't 100% accurate.

Are the alternate baskets also given 10-18 designations? I've seen that and it's equally lame.

I have no problem with dual tee (or dual basket) nine hole courses. I have a problem with calling those courses 18 hole courses when they are no different functionally.

Well, it should be no different than calling a course with 3 tees and 3 baskets per hole a 189 hole course.

But its good to see that Texas is now the undisputed disc golf mecca.

Latest posts