• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs are in your bag?

seedlings

* Ace Member *
On a normal day, how many discs (not molds, discs) are in your bag/cart? Do you swap in and out from the trunk regularly?

A tournament will probably be different (I'll play one someday).

I have 20, but would carry more if there was room.

I carry ten (up from 9), 90% of the time. I don't swap them out since I'm pretty happy with them.

For most of the courses I play, I could easily get by with 3-4. I wouldn't even know what to do with 20 discs. ;)

I bag 12.

I probably grab about 15 to 20 when I walk out my door. I have about 9 staples and then pick the last 3 depending on where I'm playing (not always where I planned to play when I left home), wind, and just what I'm feeling at a given time.

I also carry no more than 9 or 10 discs.

Occasional swaps (usually the same discs) for different courses, or if I'm working on a particular shot.

Currently, 16, but I'm short 1.

17 will be what I'm carrying. I don't do any swapping in and out. What I carry, I carry anywhere. Unless I'm purposely playing a one disc, 2 disc etc. round.

My grip C Series bag holds 16 discs.
Lately, I have been carrying 15 discs in it.
5 putters
2 midranges
4 fairway drivers
4 distance drivers

Often I bring 1-2 discs, I don't need more than that playing my local course. If I bring a backpack I typically bring about 10 discs. Keeping it light!

I went through my main local course, and I throw 12 different molds JUsT off the tees depending on pin placements and wind.
:doh:

I have an arsenal of 35-38 discs to choose from on any day.

The number of discs I actually carry and what they are changes based on the course and conditions.

If I'm playing a long, open, windy courses I'll be bagging a lot more drivers and fewer/no understable fairways, and no understable mids. When the wind is up I'll put in a Dimension or two, a new 400G D1, and a 750 F1.

In the woods I'll have as many as four F5s. If the holes are longer and shaped I might bag a selection of Roadrunners, Sidewinders, and Saints. I'll probably only have one or two drivers: a medium stable D2 and an X1 for trick shots.

If I'm having to throw uphill I'll put in a flippy X4 and a Saint.

So, anywhere from 20-32 discs.

I carry around 20. It gives me the versatility to play a variety of courses and allows me to cycle a few favorite molds. Not to mention multiple putters for pre round practice.

19-20.

I used to swap out regularly, but this year I stayed pretty consistent with which discs were in my bag. I will sometimes add more over and understable discs on windy days (while taking out mid-stability discs), or swap out a mid for an extra driver on a long & open course, or swap out my "can't lose discs" on one of the local ball golf courses that has tons of water. But really 90% of my bag stayed the same this year.

Fifteen total discs span the speed and stability range for me. That number includes three duplicates, so you could say a dozen unique discs. One of that dozen is only used occasionally and as a utility disc.

Tournaments are different, as you point out. I tend to stick to 5-6 discs, including my putting putter, though I'll carry a few more as back-ups. Fewer choices make for fewer decisions and less indecision.

If the course is reasonably flat I push a cart and carry 20. If there are any decently sized hills I'll pull the bag off it and downsize to 12 - 14 depending upon wind

Albeit semantics (and maybe a question if carry capacity), I do dwell on this time to time.

My ideal number is 18, but that varies.

Casual round: I carry my grip C with ~16
Casual/Competitive (leagues or playing with more competitive friends): I'll bump up to 18 in the grip B
Tourneys: will likely lug ~20 in the B or cart.

I'm curious what molds you throw.

I'm also one of those people who fiddles with things that aren't broke and modifies things that work fine.

Placed in spoiler because this content (and probably the whole thread now that I think about it) should probably be in the In The Bag Suggestion forum.
Lucid Raider stable, it was a gift from a guy I play with all the time, so I kinda want to keep it in the bag for when he says 'hey, throw that Raider I gave you,' so it replaced the Defender for stable drives.
S-line Pharaoh for flip straight distance
400 D2 for more fade than the Pharoah
Z Thrasher for flip up and turn right drives
Lucid Air Getaway 154g for weak sidearm 'distance'
C-Line FD3 for hyzer bombs and headwind
Pro-D Undertaker paper plate overhand woods shots only
Champ Sidewinder rarely used, but trying to beat it in like the one I lost. It would replace the Thrasher maybe
Gstar Teebird3 picked it up a few weeks ago when wind chill was teens. Thought it would stay cold and I couldn't grip anything
Star Teebird 150g for weak sidearm
Star Eagle utility fairway, using it less now
C-Line FD workhorse fairway
Cosmic MVP Relay just bought, breaking in to possibly replace DX Leopard, but it's way too stable now
Opto Fuse understable fairway, hyzer flip, turnovers
Z Drone overstable mid
BT Soft Harp heavy use nearly all approach flicks
Lucid Bounty understable slow mid - holds lines
Fusion Deputy throw flat, turns right flat, lands flat
D-Line P2 putting

The one extra slot is a Z Flick for super overstable wind, or a DX Leopard, or a flippy DX Eagle. I would like to carry another P2 and a couple more mids because I like variety.

It sounds like you are overcomplicating things for yourself

You are correct - I certainly am in this stage, trying all the molds I can. Hit a tree and go in the woods, I need either something that will overhand and flatten out, overstable to get around one way or flippy to turnover the other way, or last resort try to sidearm. That's four discs (Tee, three 2nd shot options). I play with one guy who throws a Nuke for every shot except putts. I guess he oversimplifies

17 discs.

I "build" my bag for the course I'm going to play.
I could probably get along with 6 discs....but if there's water, I'm losing a few and carry some 'water' discs that I can afford to lose.

If I'm at a two round tournament, I'll take out the discs I didn't use during the first round and that makes my bag lighter for the second round.

Some of my discs are ones that I want to try.

I have two putting putters, but only use one.
I have a forehand approach putter.
I have a throwing putter which is rarely used
6 midranges (4 to 6 speed) and will normally only use two of them
4 mid/fairway (7 - 8 speed) and normally only use one...but two are new discs that I want to try
2 drivers (9 and 12 speed) both are discs that I want to try.

I have a few 'small' brand discs that I like, but because they are a smaller brand, they are hard to find....so I might have a similar disc from a larger company that I'm trying out.

For example....my main putter is a Legacy Clutch...my local store no longer carries Legacy, so I'm trying a Gateway Wizard. I want to try a Discraft Magnet, but they are out of them at my local store.

6 must haves:
Legacy Clutch - putter
DGA Breaker - forehand approach
Innova Shark - midrange
DGA Rift - midrange
Innova Leopard - mid/fairway
Legacy Phenom - fairway

Latest posts