• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how many people is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late he already took it down (and has been cleaning up his facebook page as well).

The actions of an innocent and unfairly put-upon man, clearly. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I can't get over the hypocrisy of his vehement insistence that Chuck and Suzette (and anyone agreeing with them) were so horribly wrong to say that occasional twosomes in extenuating circumstances were acceptable that their blatant flaunting of the rules would lead to anarchy on the course, and he's sitting there with two PDGA numbers and just happens to be using the one that allowed him to play at all (i.e. wasn't suspended), let alone that it allowed him to play in and win a protected division he wouldn't have otherwise been eligible for. They're "cheaters" but when he's called out as one, it's "don't make this about me". :gross:

No, there's lots of players who get suspended for not turning in event fees and never hear about it from the org. Then they forget they've been a member and sign up again to play in lower divisions, then tell their cardmembers they've been playing a long time, have td'ed many events, and love to argue rules. I mean it happens all the time.

Ah... but you were more than willing to join in on the unabashed denouncing of all things Salient Disc Golf last year weren't you?

Pot, meet Kettle.

What????? What the hell does the salient stuff have to do with anything that has come up today?

confessions-sandbagger-j-j-gowland-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Lots of top notch threads rolling around this week. Nice.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!!!!!! so frickin busted. I hope they suspend his new PDGA number too.

This is the internet and I get that, and I totally understand that this stuff happens. I am just going to choose not to involve myself with it going forward.

what happened, it only took a couple hours and you changed your mind? You do get that "internet stuff" though, that's obvious!

wow. i cannot believe someone would do this. where is the respect for the game and the people playing it?

What possible reason could a person have for signing up for a brand new PDGA number? Hmmmm.

Ironic coming from the voice of the notion that TDs must absolutely never bend a hard and fast, black & white rule ever ever ever. :rolleyes:

Rules black and white, paying your dues is a little bit gray huh? So much win in this thread and here I thought the stolen Banger GT may be thread of the year. Kudos to the True Detective work going on in this winner. :clap::clap:

Rules black and white, paying your dues is a little bit gray huh? So much win in this thread and here I thought the stolen Banger GT may be thread of the year. Kudos to the True Detective work going on in this winner. :clap::clap:
Paying dues is a different animal than not turning in event fees that are given to you by the players of your event in the trust you will turn them in to the org for the players benefit. Which is what appears to have happened. Maybe he will explain the suspension without being overly defensive about it because come on, we all know these thing happen and it's really easy to forget about it.

Last edited:
First of all this is not a direct attack on CGKDISC or Discette but isn't it kinda disturbing that both of them have said they have been part of the PDGA rules committee, and yet here they have basically said they are ok and have ignored specific rules in the rule book because the rule isn't that important and it's just easier to come to a different solution.

You know in my last tournament, I had a shot on the last hole go in the water...it was really inconvenient for me to take that penalty stroke and my lie was awkward because of the riverbank... had I known this I could have just not taken the penalty stroke and put my lie where ever was the easiest to make my next shot.

Obviously that was an extreme example, but if even the people on the rules committee don't care enough for the integrity of the rules, is the state of the PDGA even way worse then it seems?

Once again this is not a personal attack on either of them.

Then I stand corrected on your position but my original observation remains. What rules are to be followed and what rules ambiguous. In this situation the rule is very clear on what must happen if the situation occurs. There are situation in the rule book that leaves certain things up to TD judgement calls. This specific situation it does not. It clearly gives an exact determination what must happen if the situation occurs.

And I am sorry for the slippery slope argument, but it is 100% valid. If a rule is clearly defined and some people choose not to follow it, then why should any rules be followed? What is the point of even having a rule book if it's just up to each individual judgement?

I would decided to follow the damn rules as they are written...just like everyone should especially people that are supposedly involved with making the rules themselves.

And its not lawyering up...its understanding basic English and actually having integrity

And all of this circumstantial evidence some how removes the fact that you are an admitted cheater? (And yes deciding what rules to follow and which one not to follow is cheating). I seriously don't know what you beef with me is. It started at this event on the very first hole and other people I talked to said the same thing about you.

And now it looks like you have paid to change my tag line on my profile.

Frankly this is sick and disturbing and yet so very telling of the people that the PDGA chooses to put in positions of authority.

Oh and by the way... Just leave medit*y cheating the hell alone ok?

This has been so amazing I don't know what to add to my signature...

95.gif

Excellent work here everybody.

As an aside, what is the penalty for creating a new membership to circumvent an open suspension?

Be charitable, folks. Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances.

This has been a stellar week for threads... Right? I'm talking 5 star stuff.........

As an aside, what is the penalty for creating a new membership to circumvent an open suspension?[/QUOTE]

It's not specific to creating a new membership, but there have been past cases of people attempting to play an event despite being suspended. One guy got 10 years for doing it (pretty sure whatever his original transgression was had him out for 5+ years already). Another got five. Both just recently fell off the disciplinary list (here's a [URL="http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/Current_Disciplinary_Actions_1-11-13.pdf"]link to an old list[/URL] that shows both).

So if they got a minimum 5 years just for playing (or attempting to play) an event, I can't begin to speculate what someone who presumably falsified documents to get a new number would receive.

Is that Jeff Harris I see?
butthead.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.