• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people try to meet up with others while traveling?

BillTard

Bogey Member
I've been coming to phoenix about once every two months now for work and I'm usually out for a week. I keep thinking "it'd be fun to meet up with some of the people from DGCR." I'm kind of a lurker here I read a ton but don't normally post. So I'm wondering is it weird stalkerish to PM someone and say "hey I see you are from X location would you want to hook up for a round?".

Does anyone else do this? Just wondering. Also if any one from the phoenix area wants to meet up let me know lol. I'm usually done with work around 4pm.

When I have tried to meet up with people, I've got great responses from posting in the road trip sections of the forum here. Give people dates and an area and you'll likely find someone to play with, there are a bunch of users from the Phoenix area.

When I have tried to meet up with people, I've got great responses from posting in the road trip sections of the forum here. Give people dates and an area and you'll likely find someone to play with, there are a bunch of users from the Phoenix area.

Basically this^ Occasionally I'll randomly PM someone, usually if they have a travel tag you might be able to assume that they're willing to meet up with travelers, or if they're signed up as a course guide. Personally I just use the road trips forum, if someone wants to meet up, they can see where I'm at through that. I don't go too far out of my way to schedule meetups, if you can happen to be at the course at the same time as me, I'll see you there, if not I'll meet up and play with some random local.

For me it depends on where I'm going. If it's a course that I can't play without a guide I will definatly try to search for a player who wants to help out.

I like meeting up with people, but a lot of times I will not commit to a time.
It has worked out relatively well, I have meet 100 DGCR users.

I've been coming to phoenix about once every two months now for work and I'm usually out for a week. I keep thinking "it'd be fun to meet up with some of the people from DGCR." I'm kind of a lurker here I read a ton but don't normally post. So I'm wondering is it weird stalkerish to PM someone and say "hey I see you are from X location would you want to hook up for a round?".

Does anyone else do this? Just wondering. Also if any one from the phoenix area wants to meet up let me know lol. I'm usually done with work around 4pm.

I'm not from phoenix, so no help there...but I see you are from Muskegon and I live like 20 minutes to the north of you.

I do! Helps tons and its great building a network.

I don't get many chances to travel, but I've played guide to 30 or 40 folks from here, and had enjoyed every round. A few of the folks I've met I'd consider true friends at this point.

I usually post a thread in the Vacation/Road Trip section.

Just got back from a trip to Vegas and met a fellow DGCR member while I was there because of that thread.

I don't have an exact number, but I have probably met around 15-20 from DGCR so far on the road and as a local guide.

One of the best parts of our game is the social aspect of it. I have met and played with several members also, and list myself as a guide for my home course. I don't think anyone would mind if you pm them for a round, they could always say no. But I would also recommend posting your travel plans in the vacation/road trip forum, to join and play with other of our members.

I have had a few from here contact me via a PM when they saw me as a guide for the courses in my area. I know that if I had to travel, I would check the guides for the courses and PM them to see if they could meet up.

I'm always happy to do so but so far only Solomon.Trenton and Great White Buffalo have made it up to my neck of the woods (southern NH and ME). I'm a course guide for 3 courses up here but I get the feeling there isn't a big DGCR following in New England... Now that I'm single again, I'm going to be able to travel a bit more so hopefully I'll meet some more of you soon!

A lot of local clubs have their own forums as well, so you might want to look into that too.

Phoenix does not yet have an online forum. Hopefully in the near future, though.

Bill,
I would probably be willing to meet up with you for a round. I would just need a little advance notice as I have a lot going on for the next few months. I'm on the east side of the valley, though. Not sure what area you are usually in.

YEAH, just post up in the forums your going to be some where with dates and times and what not and it usually works out well....

I've never met anyone from here, but I'm all about meeting people on the course. I just don't plan my rounds far enough in advance to try to meet someone.