• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how many total discs do you bag?

Total number of Discs in your current tournament ready bag

• 5-10

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • 11-20

Votes: 176 60.7%
  • 21-30

Votes: 76 26.2%
  • 31 to infinity and beyond

Votes: 7 2.4%

• Total voters
I carry 21 discs but some of those are extras that I am seasoning (Rocs, Teebirds.)

22 usually. I rarely use them all but like to take some extra discs in case the wind gets up and I always carry 4 or 5 putters for different things.

My full bag is 18
But I'm one of those guys that hates lugging extra weight if I don't have to, so for courses I know well it can be as few as 6.

14 discs, 12 molds.
4 putters, 3 mids, 6 fairways, 1 distance driver. All molds x1 except the Valkyrie, which is x3.

Currently 19, but it's mainly just to fill my Innova Deluxe bag. I have some essential spots that almost never change, and then maybe up to 5 slots where I switch discs depending on whether I want to try new discs out or if it's an open/wooded course. If it's a longer/open course, I can have 20 because I'll ditch some mids and that leaves some extra space.

So my "essential bag" is probably way less, closer to 10-12.

2 putting Wizards, 4 driving Wizards, 1 Gator, 3 KC Rocs, 1 Leopard, 3 Teebirds, 2 Firebirds, 1 D3, 3 D1s.

So 20, but I will often bring a backup for important discs, or a premium Roc, just in case.

I recently switched from my VooDoo Mojo bag with nearly 20 discs to the VooDoo Juju with 11 or 12. The smaller bag with quad straps feels like nothing at all, and I don't find myself missing the extra discs.

I'm sure there will be times I'll want the big setup (or even the cart with 24 or so), but right now I'm digging the lightweight approach.

On the other extreme, I carry a Nutsac with 3-4 discs when I travel, so I can bag new courses and states. I don't keep score usually, I'm just there for the experience.

I carry 10-11, but only throw 3-5 most days. Others are there for experimentation or just to fill the bag and keep the weight balanced.

14 or less, depending on the course

3 putters
1 overstable putt and approach
3 mids
1 fairway
1 neutral control driver
3 distance drivers
2 overstable utility driver

usually about 10:

but right now it's 8----

1 fairway driver

5 mids

2 putters

lots of fun and I'm learning a lot....

For a long, difficult course that requires every shot: 20. 6 putters, 4 mids, 6 fairway drivers, 4 distance drivers

For a shorter course where I still need to shape lines: 14. 6 putters, 4 mids, 2 fairway drivers (Crave / Fireball)

For a complete pitch and putt: 6. 6 putters.

2x putting Ions, 2x each of the Proxy & Envy, 2x Axis and Vectors, 0-1 Inspires, 1-2 Craves, 1-2 Fireballs, 1 Wrath & Insanity, 1 Nitro, 2x Mayhems, 1 Tenacity.

6 putters for a "complete pitch and putt"

You never stop amazing me. I love your posts. :thmbup::clap:

I could play any course at any tourney with only a plaz ion and a plaz volt.

The rest of my bag space would be filled with back up ion and volts I guess, if I even bothered to bring those.

I carry 18-20?
3 putters, 4-5 mid ranges, couple of fairway driver, and a decent mix of drivers for backhands, forehands, rollers, and everything else

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've carried 20+. Now I carry 7 molds and 8 discs. I could easily pare it to 4 molds. Some of my best rounds come from using 1 disc and not overthinking the shots.

I've carried 20+. Now I carry 7 molds and 8 discs. I could easily pare it to 4 molds. Some of my best rounds come from using 1 disc and not overthinking the shots.

true thing this! I just threw my Emac Truth farther today than my Boatman- 1 disc rounds are fantastic training tools fo sho

12, and almost always completely different molds.

2 putters (KC Aviar and a Lucid Verdict that recently kicked out my Proxy), 2 mids (R-pro Roc & Champ Roc3), 4 fairways (Proton Crave, Neutron/Fission Volt, Neutron Resistor, Opto Air River), 4 distance drivers (Fission Photon, Fission Tesla, StarLite Valkyrie, Champ/Jolly Launcher Sidewinder). Depending on the course, the Sidewinder can get replaced by a swirly DX Firebird or a second Volt.

I keep 17 total in my Grip & have no need for any more than that. My Putters, Mids & Fairways always stay the same. I'll tweak my distance driver setup for the specific course I'm playing. I rarely loose a disc so I don't have too many copies of the same mold.

I carry over 20, but I could trim that down if I really wanted to. I carry backups of my main molds, in case I lose something in the middle of a round. Plus I like having duplicates to throw during practice rounds.