• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to carry a retriever?

Rickcin

Bogey Member
I have a Innova Champion bag and would like to buy a retriever and wondering what the best way was to secure this to my bag?

I know there are retriever sheaths (badly rated) available on line and wondering if this is my only option? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1544.jpeg
    IMG_1544.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 0
I have two of the Infinite Discs Retriever Sheaths (link below) and am happy with them. On my sling bag, I have the sheath attached horizontally using the clips, not the carabiners, to attach it to the belt loops. Then I use the carabiner at the open end to hold the retriever in place (place the carabiner over a hook on my retriever). I've also got one for my cart. When I had my RidgeRoller bag, I had one attached to that (the one now on my cart). My Fossa Skinny backpack bag has openings in it where I can just slide the retriever into.

I stick mine in the back behind the disc section at a 45°. Not easy to retrieve, but there when needed.

I know how to lose one. Don't secure it. It's a pita, but some kind of safety clip that tied it to the bag is needed or else it will find its way to the ground.

Okay, thanks for all of the good recommendations and I will purchase the sheath as recommended. Being as bad as I am, I will certainly need a retriever at some point since my second time on the local course, I fished one of my discs out of a creel with a tree branch.
Retrieving might be as challenging and rewarding as playing the actual game🤓

Okay, thanks for all of the good recommendations and I will purchase the sheath as recommended. Being as bad as I am, I will certainly need a retriever at some point since my second time on the local course, I fished one of my discs out of a creel with a tree branch.
Retrieving might be as challenging and rewarding as playing the actual game🤓

General rule is whatever you purchase will be slightly too short. :LOL:

Pet-Carrier-Bag-For-Large-Dog-French-Bulldog-Labrador-Golden-Retriever-Dog-backpack-Pet-Travel-Transport.jpg

Guessing that's the carbon fiber retriever that sells for about $75 or so.
There is also a much cheaper version ($19.99) that attaches to a M5 connector at the end of a regular retriever. IOW, instead of screwing in, say a double hook or a water hook, screw in the Max Stick Attachment.

Not sure if this would fit the Rogue Iron retriever where the attachments fasten with a wing nut and the attachments that come along with the retriever might work just fine.