• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to order a voodoo disc golf Bag

If you hear differently please let me know. As $15 is reasonable for shipping and if he mistakenly gave me the Mojo price and not the Juju I won't mind ordering one.

There was a guy that called him out on some shipping issues on Facebook. I hope the voodoo guy resolved it. Don't want to sink your rep so early in.

Bag

So I emailed him twice yesterday and still have had no response. Called a company in wisconsin called "Glide" and they are supposed to be a dealer for voodoo bags. The guy is waiting on a shipment from shane form voodo that was supposed to be a 4-5 week wait and has turned into a 8-9 scenario. If i didnt want one of these dam bags so bad I would tell him to F*** off. The guy I talked to from Glide said Shane has a full time job and is trying to sell the bags on the side and get married right now. I am mostly pissed off with the lack of communication. He has responded to one of my Facebook posts and did not even answer my question and has not resonded to either of my emails at all. Sorry to dump this hear but I am venting. Almost reminds me of the whole Grip sitiuation, customer service wise that is.

Shane will contact you. If you NEED something now then go some where else. I am not trying to be mean. I have dealt with Shane and he get's back as soon as he can. Voodoo isn't some huge company and is try to rep itself that way. They make great products, and I haven't heard one person complain about the bag. Anyways....Great things come with patients and so will the bag once you get it!

Bag

Shane will contact you. If you NEED something now then go some where else. I am not trying to be mean. I have dealt with Shane and he get's back as soon as he can. Voodoo isn't some huge company and is try to rep itself that way. They make great products, and I haven't heard one person complain about the bag. Anyways....Great things come with patients and so will the bag once you get it!

I understand what your saying but at the same time when you open your self up to being a retail provider of said product their is a standard set of expectations that people expect from a buisness. Nobody is going to convince me that he cannot return an email if he wanted to. I dont think its unrealistic to expect as much. If a product is out of stock, if shipping takes awhile I can see. But I left him a message on Tuesday and asked for info on availibility, pricing and how to order a Karma or Mojo bag. Only response he gave was Karmas were on backorder. Did not answer my question or give me any kind of useful information whatsoever and he has yet to respond to the 2 emails I have sent him since. I have a feeling when he does answer he will give me the info and it will take another couple days for me to order it (if he has a mojo) and then who knows how long it will take to get shipped. And dont get me started on his ridiculous shipping rates he charges.

Bottom line people can continue to stick up for him if they want because he's a "nice guy" and has a great product but he is treating his customers or potential customers like s**t. And he will continue to do so until he a. goes out of buisness or b. people quit putting up with it. With that said I still want a bag lol.

I think he is overwhelmed by his own success right now. Our local shop sent him several K for bags and he ended up having to return the money because he couldn't fulfill.

A profitable hobby sucks...trust me on that.

bag

you might try glide for your ordering needs. much more reasonable shipping/tax cost and you can call them.

http://www.glidediscgolf.com/contact-glide-disc-golf

Just a response to your post about Glide. I did call them this morning. I posted what they told me already. Its 2 posts above yours. The manager of glide kept going on and on about what a nice guy Shane was but said he was in over his head and has done a poor job so far. The manager from glide said he dropped over $1000 to Shane for some bags with an understanding he would get them in 4-5 weeks and next week will make 9 and still no bags.

Again...I think that this has to do with what the difference between a start up and a business that has been a while around. I know how it is to not get a response...try figuring out your bill with AT&T or any other automated system. I don't think that waiting a day or two for a response is treating your customer like crap! Just my two cents.

What is the right amount of time to respond. I mean we are talking one, two days? And from my dealing with Shane, he sends the whole sheet on all of the prices and spec's of his bags. Plus the Voodoo Thread should give a good idea of what they have to offer.

Bottom line is that these are a great product compared to other bags out there.

bag

Again...I think that this has to do with what the difference between a start up and a business that has been a while around. I know how it is to not get a response...try figuring out your bill with AT&T or any other automated system. I don't think that waiting a day or two for a response is treating your customer like crap! Just my two cents.

What is the right amount of time to respond. I mean we are talking one, two days? And from my dealing with Shane, he sends the whole sheet on all of the prices and spec's of his bags. Plus the Voodoo Thread should give a good idea of what they have to offer.

Bottom line is that these are a great product compared to other bags out there.

I agree on the bags being a quality product. But like I said earlier when he did respond to my first message he didnt send me anyinfo on the product and that was 3 days ago. I sent him an email on Tuesday and have had no response. Once he does respond then I will send him another email and it will prob take a couple of days to get to me after that. You dont find that, plus crazy shipping prices , plus having to refund money to buisness who have still not gotten product from him after 2 months as being just a tad bit irrisponsible. Im not trying to get into a war of words with you but answer this for me. Do YOU think it is acceptable not to at the very least respond to my email with the information I requested. Its been 3 days now.

Of course I do that that it is acceptable. He should have responded.

With saying that...I also think that there are examples of far worst customer service. It is one guy, trying to start up a company. I not sure he expected the demand, that is a good and bad problem.

My point is, here is someone trying to provide a quality product and doing it by himself.

Also want to say this...I don't know Shane from any where else than dealing to get my bag. His product is what spoke to me. It was well made, and well though out...minus a few things (Quad hook-ups, shoulder strap) Just give it a few days...again look at the thread on the bags, I haven't read about anyone not being happy about the bag itself. Now how to get the bag that might be another question...but give the guy a break...grow the sport!

bag

Chris I appreciate your insight and I am glad you have had a good experience. Their is no way to describe mine completely. Not the worst by far but bad enough to leave a sour taste. To me it was not acceptable. I decided Im not going to buy a Voodoo. Maybe down the road if he gets his act together.

bag

We should meet up and play one day! :)

Seriously!

It is a great bag...and I think it would be worth the wait.

I totally agree with you however my choice was between a Mojo and a Grip. Oppurtunity presented itself and I bought a grip. I could see me buying one down the road maybe from Glide or Cloud 9 or from Shane if he ever gets things running smoothly. Plus I hate waiting......

Wow...you can't really not buy a voodoo and complain about his business practices and then buy a grip.

That's like telling the mafia that you don't like their business model but the yakuza is top notch.

Glad you got a bag though.

bag

Im not saying Grip is any better. Could be worse. But I didnt have to deal with Grip I bought from a member here. If I was one of the people who got the first runs I would really be pissed. But I can see your point. Especially if I had bought it from Grip. Still havent heard from Shane from Voodoo btw.

Well Shane emailed me back last night on the Juju when I asked him about his shipping, he made an error and priced me for the Mojo. Shipping was about $12ish.

He seems to be getting back to me regularly enough, granted it is a day or 2 wait, but I have another bag, just want a smaller one for lighter rounds.

He needs to get affiliated with one of the big online stores like Marshall Street or DGC. That will be the only place his bags are sold at. So he finishes a bag, sends it to Marshall Street, and they put it up for sale. Not sure how to deal with people wanting different colors and things, I have not thought it out too much. Just seems like something like this could make things easier.

Latest posts