• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hucker Magazine Complaint Thread

maybe they counted on nobody actually receiving any issues at all, thus hiding their names and responsibilities.....

To Michael Brouphy: when was the last time you spoke to Phillip Murray? Where has he gone to? Where are all the issues that no one recieved? The shirts? Hoodies?

I think these are more important questions than who is to blame.

maybe they counted on nobody actually receiving any issues at all, thus hiding their names and responsibilities.....

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-winner-winner-chicken-dinner-e12c88.jpg

This went silent awfully quickly.

If you go to the Hucker FB page, it would appear towards the beginning of their posts (December 21st 2013) that they bought a bunch of video equipment for "Hucker TV." :popcorn:

I had some trouble with Brouphy back when UB was simply making apparel, not even discs or bags. He seems to be big on good intentions but small on delivering on them, so the Hucker mess didn't seem like a surprise. Sorry a lot of people got screwed, but did you really expect that a print publication about a fringe sport in the digital age was really going to flourish?

I had some trouble with Brouphy back when UB was simply making apparel, not even discs or bags. He seems to be big on good intentions but small on delivering on them, so the Hucker mess didn't seem like a surprise. Sorry a lot of people got screwed, but did you really expect that a print publication about a fringe sport in the digital age was really going to flourish?

I don't think any of us thought about it that intensely. I was just stoked for a mag supscription + shirt for $20. Turns out that wasn't nearly accurate. This isn't going to end well for the Hucker clan.

The DG Guy is gonna do a video interview with the owner soon, resulting from DG Guy #bringingup #theissue #lolgetit #issuesingular #cuzlol

... hard-hitting detective work here, asking if anyone can repost facts stated earlier in the thread :)

Doesn't look like this happened. DG Guy posted this in that FB thread:

Quick update from my end:

Originally Phillip reached out to me via PM on Wednesday night regarding a formal interview this weekend to take place on Saturday night while he was visiting the USDGC grounds.

I contacted him as I was flying out on Saturday and when I touched down he had said that he couldn't make it. He also said he would then post some updates to Facebook.

Just wanted to provide an update on this discussion.
28 September at 20:51 · Edited · Like · 6

That's not a real shirt, it's a picture of a shirt. And at most a mockup, looks like a photo of a shirt on a hanger with a logo pasted on top in Photoshop. :mad:

This is has gone from bad to worse and back again... I'm enjoying myself :popcorn:

What's truly sad, is that the shirt they ran probably is that terrible of quality - so much so that you thought it was a photoshop.

:doh:

Put that in your list of achievments: Terrible Bootleg looking shirt ☑

I have that shirt. It's actually not bad quality-wise.

I only wear it now when I have one of those days where I want someone to put a bullet in my back.