• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I know it doesn't look right.

Twojsquared

Each of these drives were about 250'. I can hit 300 pretty consistently standing still. Just watching myself on camera something doesn't look right. I typically take one step on my drives but I've been trying to get more distance and I'm actually losing distance when I walk into my drives.

I feel like I should be closing my shoulders together more and exploding out of it if that makes any sense. It looks like hot garbage help me out. I'm 6' 3" and have long arms I used to pitch in baseball and when I first started playing I would side arm and tomahawk everything. I'm trying to learn RHBH.

Also when it comes to grip should I be pressing my thumb down on the top of the disc hard or no, just as well should my grip be loose or tight?

1. You reachback too early and flat footed, and you are not getting into a forward athletic stance, knees and hips bent with balance over your toes.
2. You reachback with the disc oriented for a roller, vertical disc with your hand over top the disc instead of horizontal or turned slightly the way vertical for hyzer with the hand under the disc.
3. Your grip on the disc at reachback is on the front edge of the disc almot 12 oclock, instead further back on the disc toward 8-9 oclock, this a big difference in leverage on the disc.
4. Your rear arm is not getting forward, so it is slowing you down.

Check grip:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/gripittoripit.shtml

Check out the snap 2009 thread/vids:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/...&t=13291&sid=69eeda03dfd8356fb03d145e7a177c9b

1. You reachback too early and flat footed, and you are not getting into a forward athletic stance, knees and hips bent with balance over your toes.
2. You reachback with the disc oriented for a roller, vertical disc with your hand over top the disc instead of horizontal or turned slightly the way vertical for hyzer with the hand under the disc.
3. Your grip on the disc at reachback is on the front edge of the disc almot 12 oclock, instead further back on the disc toward 8-9 oclock, this a big difference in leverage on the disc.
4. Your rear arm is not getting forward, so it is slowing you down.

Thanks for the tips! Can you just explain this one a little more. I'm not sure what you mean.

You will notice a lot of differences. Hand position on the disc. Vertical disc vs horizontal disc, Feldy has the disc tilted slightly in the opposite direction as you. Rear knee not leveraging forward because the rear foot is turned too far backward/and/or flat footed on heel.

You want to keep the disc relatively inline to the top of your forearm and keep it on the same plane that you are throwing all the way from start to finish, and arm follow through on same plane.

Thank you, I will take all this into consideration when I throw. I think my biggest hurdle is going to be the bending of the knee and not standing flat footed. I completely destroyed my knee a few years ago and when I get my heels off the ground and stand I can feel pressure build up in my knee big time. I'll work on it and maybe have new videos next weekend to see how I've progressed.

Latest posts