• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I have no idea what finesse is.

A finesse player is someone who makes it look easy.
Not all hurky jerky and screaming like Godzilla, but when they throw it looks like they're not even trying.

Its like Eric Clapton or Eddie Van Halen playing guitar, it just looks like they were born with the thing.

It's the same with disc golf, some players will spend thier whole life trying to perfect thier form, but a finesse golfer could roll out of bed, stagger to the first tee in yesterdays clothes, then proceed to bury everyone else in a round without breaking a sweat.

It's a Chevy Chase, Caddyshack, na na na na na sorta thing.

Not sure how many football fans are here, but I'd use NFL quarterbacks as an example. The great quarterbacks have the ability to drop a pass over a linebacker, under the safety, and put it in a place that only their receiver can get to.

Translating that example to disc golf: a finesse player can use the tendencies of the particular disc to be able to put the disc in the spots they choose. Just because a person throws it 450 feet doesn't mean that that particular throw won't also have finesse to it. It's well beyond my ability, but knowing how to throw a perfect S-curve around obstacles and at great distance would still require finesse.

Just my two cents...:)

Latest posts