• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] I just built an all DGA bag

So I played a round with my DGA setup this weekend. I was very impressed. The clear standouts were the SP Undertow, SP Squall, and the ProLine Breaker. The Rogues also bombed pretty well, although I only got to throw them twice. I was pretty blown away by the Squall. I threw that one the most...what an awesome disc. I really look forward to throwing it more.

If I were to throw in a couple DGA putters to replace my Wizards just for fun, what would you all recommend?

So I played a round with my DGA setup this weekend. I was very impressed. The clear standouts were the SP Undertow, SP Squall, and the ProLine Breaker. The Rogues also bombed pretty well, although I only got to throw them twice. I was pretty blown away by the Squall. I threw that one the most...what an awesome disc. I really look forward to throwing it more.

If I were to throw in a couple DGA putters to replace my Wizards just for fun, what would you all recommend?

For beaded, I'd go with the steady. That should be the most similar to a wizard. I compliment mine with a breaker for up shots and a reaf for the occasional anny putt or long jumper.

Last edited:
QUOTE=Quinum;3033770]
If I were to throw in a couple DGA putters to replace my Wizards just for fun, what would you all recommend?[/QUOTE]

I haven't thrown them, but the Steady is gonna be the closest to a Wizard. D-Lines are like RFF plastic. The soft plastic was the biggest knock on them, but the soon to be released Stone Steady is supposed to be a much stiffer and durable blend similar to Discraft's CT (Crazy Tough) blend or their new Jawbreaker blend. The only Proline Steadys are limited tourney runs.

Honorable mentions:

Titanic - A taller, more OS version of Discraft's Magnet mold. Great driving putter. D-Lines are KC Pro stiff, and Prolines can range from stiff to flexible. Prolines are slightly more OS than D-Lines.

Reef - Discraft's APX mold. Beadless and slightly understable. Great point and shoot disc. Good for short turnovers. D-Lines glide better than SP.

Breaker - Now available in D-Line at DGCenter and MSt.

Thanks for the input, everyone. The steady sounds good but I will probably wait for the Stone Steady to be released. I prefer stiffer putters.

How is the D-Line on the Reefs? If it is not too soft, I might grab a D-Line Reef and D-Line Titanic to test out.

Thanks for the input, everyone. The steady sounds good but I will probably wait for the Stone Steady to be released. I prefer stiffer putters.

How is the D-Line on the Reefs? If it is not too soft, I might grab a D-Line Reef and D-Line Titanic to test out.

New blends with the new DGA stamp are grippier but a little waxy, so durability suffers slightly. They're firm, like typical base plastic putters. And it's not like prior D-line Reefs were durable though, not even close. I liked the feel of the old ones better.

If you're on Facebook, the DGA Disc Collectors Group has Stone Steadys come around all the time.

The current bag for this weekend's tourney:

DGA Breaker D-Line 173g
DGA Breaker SP Line 175g
DGA Reef D-Line 172g
DGA Reef D-Line 174g
DGA Reef SP Line 173g
DGA Aftershock D-Line 170g
DGA Aftershock Proline 170g
DGA Squall Proline 177g
DGA Squall SP Line 171g
DGA Sail Proline 174g
DGA Tsunami SP Line 167g
DGA Pipeline Proline 172g
DGA Undertow Proline 172g
DGA Rogue SP Line 166g
DGA Rogue Proline 170g
DGA Hurricane Proline 168g
DGA Hurricane Proline 171g
DGA Hurricane SP Flex 176g
DGA Torrent Proline 168g
DGA Torrent Proline 169g
DGA Torrent Proline 173g

I have not thrown every DGA but if I used it as a primary set up then I would go:

Squall
Aftershock
Tsunami
Rogue

All of the above would be in the original proline plastic. I do not like the newer version or replacement of it. I really like the above discs and the Squall and Rogue are regulars in my bag. The Aftershock would make my regular bag except for my preference for a Buzzz and the other Discraft mids.

I have almost no experience with it but the Steady Ed putter looks like a good putter. I have tried the Blunt and Blowfly and I really am not a fan of those. I have tried the Undertow and Hurricane but they would not make the bag since I would just use the above.

Here's how I'm starting 2017:
PL Titanic
SP Breaker
PL Aftershocks (New + Beat)
SP Squall
SP Sail
PL Pipeline
SP Pipeline
PL Undertow
SP Undertow
PL Tsunamis (New + Beat)
SP Tsunami
PL Hellfire
SP Hellfire
PL Hurricanes (Glow + 1st Run)
SP Hurricanes (Domey + Flex)

I could see the SP Hellfire coming out. It's tough for me to only bag 1 Squall, but I just want to force myself to use the Pipeline and Sail more. Both are great 2016 additions to the DGA lineup, and it's great that they're both already available in SP.

Couple of questions:

1. Is there a DGA putter that has a low profile like the Pure?

2. Is the Tsunami going OOP?

Couple of questions:

1. Is there a DGA putter that has a low profile like the Pure?

2. Is the Tsunami going OOP?

The Reef (APX clone) is probably the closest to a Pure. Neutral and floaty.

There's also the low profile Breaker (Ringer clone), which flies more like a Harp or Sinus. A few on here made it their putting putter when it came out in D plastic.

$9 Proline Breakers and $7 D Reefs on Amazon right now.

The last Tsunami produced was the super small stamp SP run, so it's technically been OOP for a couple years. I really wanted a new blend Proline Tsunami, but when DGA didn't design an updated Tsunami logo, all signs pointed to OOP.

I called DGA headquarters a couple months back, and they confirmed it is OOP. They only had a couple SPs left in their stock.

I've since freaked out, stocked up a lifetime supply, and now realized they're still pretty easy to find. It's one of the benefits of throwing DGA; much lower demand.

This year I'm rocking a minimalist setup in my new Juju bag for all my casual rounds. I'll probably add a couple more Aftershocks, Squalls, Tsunamis and Hurricanes for tournaments, but this is basically my 2018 bag:
PL Titanic
SP Flex Breaker
PL Tremor
PL Aftershock
PL Quake
PL Flex Squall
PL Undertow
PL Pipeline
SP Pipeline
Glow Tsunami
PL Hellfire
PL Flex Hurricane

The Quake and the Tremor are great additions to the DGA lineup to bookend the Aftershock. I'm loving the Proline Flex plastic, and I'm still blown away with DGA going with the Tsunami for the #5 Midnight Flyer.