• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] I need a new Distance Driver! HELP!

Surge for sure. Unfortunately, my trespasses have kicked the surge out just because they fit me and my bag better...but I still have 4 of them just sitting on my shelf because I can stand to part with them. They are amazing discs for BH and FH.

They're 13 speed drivers, Avenger SS is 9 Speed.

Yeah I have heard that they are crazy fast... that is why I havent tried one. Would the D4 be workable at all for me do you think or just speed stable and not very easy to shape lines with?

Another good Discraft Disc of similar speed that might work for you is the Flash. I really like that one, speed 10 I believe.

Sounds like a Surge would work great for you. Main distance driver for a long time, now used more for control drives. Been very accurate with these. Though when I want all out distance the Crank is what I use now. Either one work great and you might even end up wanting/using both.

Didn't read thru all of this but have you tried a GL Northman?
Not sure how it would work for your flick, but it has become my BH distance driver.
??

when I moved up from my avenger ss i moved up to a surge ss, then eventually to wraiths. good luck

I may suggest Yikun Da'E (Overstable) and Jun (Stable). Have fun!

Well I gave the Orc a few more tries last night and I think if I beat them in they might be what I am looking for. I would really like to find a disc that flies a bit straighter right out of the box but the orc may be the ticket. I am going to get a Surge SS and a Turn and maybe a regular Surge tomorrow.

Anyone have any PFN Pro Orcs?

Highly recommend a Champion Tern. 12/6/-2/2. Sounds a lot like what you're looking for.

Thrown flat it ends up pretty straight (slightly left, RHBH) and has a tight S pattern. Add some angle to finish a little left or right of straight, or hyzer flip it and watch it glide for days.

I pretty much throw these and Bosses. They go about the same distance for me, it just depends on whether I want to finish straight or get around a big dog leg at the end.

(note: Terns flight numbers are different in different plastic. You might like a Tern in GStar also (12/6/-3/2) but I recommend the Champion if you're throwing 350-400ft.)

Last edited:
Highly recommend a Champion Tern. 12/6/-2/2. Sounds a lot like what you're looking for.

Thrown flat it ends up pretty straight (slightly left, RHBH) and has a tight S pattern. Add some angle to finish a little left or right of straight, or hyzer flip it and watch it glide for days.

I pretty much throw these and Bosses. They go about the same distance for me, it just depends on whether I want to finish straight or get around a big dog leg at the end.

(note: Terns flight numbers are different in different plastic. You might like a Tern in GStar also (12/6/-3/2) but I recommend the Champion if you're throwing 350-400ft.)

Thanks I am going to give it a shot for sure.

I have a Champion Tern. It took me a few time to throw it before I got the hang of it and was able to use it at its full potential. It has now become my favorite go to distance driver. I can go a little farther with my Blizzard Champion Boss, but there has to be hardly any wind for me to use that one. The Boss it probably too over stable for what your looking for anyway. Tern is the way to go.