• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I Never Met a Hole I Didn't Like

Hole 7 Decatur City Park. 730'

It's just long for the sake of being long. Could have easily turning that into 2 different interesting holes...

3ed7c681.jpg

Yous guys are funny!

There are plenty of holes/courses that are worthy candidates for this discussion in the wasteland of nasty niners AKA the Greater Chicagoland area.

Check out these gems ;).

Please note that all of these courses were designed by the same person/company........:doh: :wall:

Leo Leathers

Diamond Lake

Mayfair Park

O'Brien Park

North Salk Park

Lombard Commons

I would have listed more, but I don't want to start gagging here in the office. :gross::sick:

I did not like the Z shaped tunnel shot hole with double mandos at Nevin. I think it is my least favorite hole that does not put people in danger or risk disc loss.

Hole 7 Decatur City Park. 730'

It's just long for the sake of being long. Could have easily turning that into 2 different interesting holes...

3ed7c681.jpg

See, IMO, there's no reason this hole can't be enjoyed. For my skill level, I'd play it as a par 5, and strive for a 4.

Oh yeah, and since it is on an old landfill, it stinks too...literally!

Ok, I'll concede on the stinky holes. Those aren't good.

I think a lot of us don't like holes that we deem unfair. There is a hole at my home course that is a 550' Par 3. It's not completely wide open either. IMO, it's not really fair. I have only got a 3 on that hole once...but when I did, it was the greatest feeling. I was proud that I was able to finally put a good drive, approach, and putt together.

It's not the hole's fault I'm not that good. I just needed to step up my game and make it happen. I enjoy the challenge of a difficult hole.

Just thinking about the holes I've hated depresses me. I don't think I'll post on this thread.

Holy number 7 at Duke Creek is probably the worst piece of crap I've ever played. There is barely any room to even move your arm back on the pad, as its crammed in between the sign post and a few trees.

This hole? Oh, I can find dozens of them on here just like that. That one at least has tall grass rough for some definition.

No not that hole. That whole course looks like that hole.

I meant hole 7. I just didn't go to the course to make sure I was talking about the right one because every time I see pictures of that course I hate myself a little bit more for having been there.

Hole SEVEN is the worst hole in disc golf ever.

^ Think about Courtney Love before you say something like that again :sick: :gross:

If someone has not met a hole that they didn't like, then they have not played very much. I took my son to a local course (Coppell, TX) just to show him what a bad course looked like.

Hole number 5 at Bert and Ernie Park in Carbondale is the one hole i played but didn't like. Its a 48 foot straight shot, no obstacles. It is the most boring hole in the history of the universe.

I pretty much take this attitude heading into any course I play. As long as I'm throwing things at things, I'm enjoying myself. There are holes that get to me though, usually the 5th or 6th open hole in a row *yawn* or the chickenwire baskets that I can see all 7 from one central location with no tee pads, then I look at the plus side, another course bagged in 10 minutes, then there's always courses like this: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1014 can't say I like it much.

Latest posts