• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Identify this tee sign?

dmoore1998

Eagle Member
Saw this in the HOD forum, just curious if anyone knows anything about this, what it is, where to get them? I have no idea if this is an actual product or something that someone has co-opted into creating a tee sign from it.

Thinking about something like this for my private course. I'm not sure I want actual teepads (grass currently) and similarly not keen on putting posts in the ground. I like the "natural" look I have now where I can look around the property and just see nature (minus the few baskets that can be seen that aren't hiding in the woods). This seems like something I could just toss out for guests on the occasions I host folks without otherwise disrupting the scenery. Any info is appreciated.

f03e718b.jpg

That's a "Roll n Pole" portable sign holder.

I'm in the same boat as you. Private course, I want to be able to have some sort of signage, but I don't want to look at it all the time. I made some cheap coroplast signage on garden stakes a few years ago but it was a hassle hammering them all in and then removing them when the event was over.

Still pondering what direction to go.

That's a "Roll n Pole" portable sign holder.

I'm in the same boat as you. Private course, I want to be able to have some sort of signage, but I don't want to look at it all the time. I made some cheap coroplast signage on garden stakes a few years ago but it was a hassle hammering them all in and then removing them when the event was over.

Still pondering what direction to go.

Thanks for the info! Looks like those might be a little pricey to buy 12 or so just to roll out for guests. You'd think folks would use UDisc to get their info...but I seem to play with folks like myself who'd rather just have their phone put away while they play.

Interested to see anyone else's home-made portable signage if they've got it!

dmoore & IC --

Here's what I've done:

picture.php

picture.php

Like IC, I have a home course at my residence, don't want to look at signs all the time. These blend in well, are there if you want to find them, are super cheap and easy to make (if I have to redo them no big deal could do so really quickly and at no cost), let the player know they are on the right hole and also give the distance (really all someone wants to know anyway). I would spend the money on real signs but I actually prefer these for blending into natural surroundings. And they already more seasoned and golden than appears in the pics which I took when I made them, so they blend even better.

One other thing I do is this:

picture.php

Green tape on the basket pointing to the next tee. Blends in well and people really seem to appreciate this touch.

Hosted a tourney here this weekend and it went well. No one got lost or threw at the wrong basket, lol.

dmoore --

You said you weren't sure about doing teepads, thought I'd throw in what I do . . .

picture.php

I dig the ground out using a shovel & garden hoe so the pressure treated frame of 2x4s is level (this is a 4' x 8' tee box) and then I pack it flat with dirt, then top it with astroturf which I screw onto the frame. Been using some of my pads for two years now with no rebuilding so it seems they are working pretty well.

I like them because if I don't ever want a pad there (or God forbid, I decide I don't want to have a course in the yard) then I just pull up the turf and frames and leave the dirt where it is. And it's pretty cheap, even if you don't have materials on hand it's about $20 for three pressure treated 2x4s, $30 for the cheap turf (6x8 sheet) at Home Depot so about $50 a pad.

It has made my course a lot more fun, got a lot of kudos this weekend since I used to just have grass. Way easier to throw off of these.

How about something like in the photo I attached? Make them out of wood. Have two per hole, one can have the hole number and one the distance. They can double as the markers for the front of the tee.

Attachments

• wedge.jpg
    wedge.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 21
How about something like in the photo I attached? Make them out of wood. Have two per hole, one can have the hole number and one the distance. They can double as the markers for the front of the tee.

I like that for a couple of reasons:

1. I currently have some of the ground "flags" marking tees (the kinds they use for C1 marking a lot, wispy nylon-y clumps that you nail into the ground and can mow over) but some of the folks who come play are color blind and can't distinguish them from grass very well.

2. I can easily put them down and take them back up again and store them in a small space. I shy away from permanent signs because I have a few different "layouts" created (one shorter, simpler...one longer...one specifically for glow that is shorter and avoids water...but they all share/switch teepads) and that would allow me to avoid confusion as to which layout we're in when players come.

We had to replace our AC unit a couple of years ago and the new condenser had to have a larger square pad. The old one was 36x48 & plastic so easily portable. I got the idea of using it as a temporary tee pad & have since picked up 5 others the same size, for my small 3 hole course in the woods behind the house. I just lay two back to back & use white survey flags that I sharpied the hole number on just for the heck of it.

I called AC repair places & talked to a few explaining what I needed them for & asked if they could hold any old ones that size when they replaced the units. One of them finally agreed and within a couple of months I had the other 5 I needed since they were just throwing the old ones away.

You could also buy them new at a parts house but a quick search shows prices are all over the place.

They also make a concrete over foam type I've seen that are heavier, if you wanted a more permanent look without pouring concrete.

Last edited: