• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] If you throw the Eagle

I cycle eagles in mainly champion plastic. I use a DX eagle as my understable fairway.

my bag's too expensive for anyone but me to throw :p

:)

I would say the same thing about my Bag. Disc golfers I team up with on the course never act like team rocket and sprint off with discs that I let them borrow/test. I find enjoyment in trying different bag setups. To each his own I guess.

Last edited:
i throw the eagle. a star, a champ and a couple dx. i throw teebirds too but the more i season my dx and star eagles, the less i feel i need to use the teebird at all. i would be comfortable throwing only eagles.

i am not throwing the firebird anymore. currently trying to see if a tsunami or a predator would fill it better.

Last edited:
FWs: (1) Really old Ch. (12x) EX, and (2) DX EXs, one fresh, one roller disc. (1) N Servo, (1) Ch. Banshee
DDs: (2) Vip Swords and (2) PDs (one S, one P)

Mids: (2) Nebulae (Z & ESP), (1) P-line Squall and (2) Fuses (Opto and TM)

P&A: (1) DX Polecat, (1) P-line Breaker, and (1) XLM Summit (putter)

I throw primarily Star Eagle-X's, once in a while throw a Champ in there for windy days...

Bag also has Star Destroyers, Star Roadrunner, Champ Firebird, DX Rocs, ESP Zone, and S Wizards. Sometimes I will throw a Star Leopard in the bag as well for those courses where I need to be careful about the angles discs land on.

I used to throw eagles a lot more, but have taken them out of my bag for awhile now.
Still amazing in winds though.

I throw eagle x for utility shots, forehand and overhand type stuff. Or when I need to get a laser straight 5 foot tall line drive that won't turn over. I used to carry eagle l's and TL's instead of teebirds and leopards. Now that I am aware of how to snap I can't go back. Bag:

-BB Aviar x2
-Rhyno x2
-Foxbat x2 light and heavy
-DX Shark and Roc for water hazards
-main DX Roc3 BEAT
-pro roc3 half-beat
-g* roc3 (just replaced champ roc3 for stable duty)
-jl flat gator
-dx/pro leopard BEAT
-g*leopard
-teebirds
-champ eagle x or sex (like firebird junior)
-sidewinders
-valk
-orcs
-destroyers
-firebirds

I throw Eagles, all X mold. I usually have a couple of Stars, a couple DX's, and sometimes one Champion. Otherwise my bag consists of Wizards, FireBirds, Rocs, a Tangent, and I'll probably never be able to get rid of my beat to death Warrior.

Eagles are awesome - have 3 X in the bag at all times - cycling 2 dx and leave a star in there for stable.

Bag:

Rhyno - 2x
Element x - 2x (one beat, one not so beat)
dx Eagle-x - 2x - one beat, one not so beat
QOLS
SOLF - 2x
11x firebird - 2x - overhand duties
Star Firebird - BH/FH duties - just like the grip on star better

I have one eagle in the bag and 4 teebirds.

I throw Predators and Eagles for my fairways. I carry 3 Eagles, all Eagle-Ls. Brand new, the Eagle acts a lot like my beat Predators, but with a little less LSS, so it fades a little less. But between 2 Predators and 3 Eagles, I can cover every fairway shot both backhand and forehand. My most beat Eagle-L is almost exclusively for backhand rollers.

Not in my signature, but I throw eagles and beat teebirds, along with leopards for my fairway lineup.

Latest posts