• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you were in charge

Kite.

I bag one, and I really tried to like it because it feels perfect in my hand, but the thing is just so unpredictable. But with a Spider/Gator/Stingray midrange lineup the Kite is useless. Its basically a Stingray that I can't develop a confidence in

Last edited:
Just to be clear this was by no means a hit on Innova, my bag is at least half Innova. They are just the biggest brand with the most recognition. I struggle trying to narrow down the field of options. Thought it would be kinda cool to see what overlaps or unimportant discs other players saw. Considered doing the same with other brands. If I were in charge of Innova, I would watch forums like these closely to see they general attitude and opinion of the public. You have to stay ahead of the market and react and adjust as you see trends emerging.

Are you running for President also? Are you talking reputational risk? Most sensible business people review balance sheets, income statements and inventory instead of monitoring message boards.

In my area even the chuckers have gotten smart enough to stop buying Grooves, not smart enough to stop buying Bosses and Nukes, baby steps.

Had a casual player come up to me at my local pitch n putt (1978 Steady Ed course where you can throw mids & putters to score in the mid-40's), and ask me if I had any Grooves or Nukes. This line from the Princess Bride crossed my mind: "Then he explained the name was the important thing for inspiring the necessary fear. You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley." :D

Skeeter, Kite, Lycan, Teedevil, Dominator, Wolf, Super Stingray, King Cobra, Roc+, Wedge, Hydra, Dragon, Wahoo, Foxbat, Wombat, any of the three recent putter releases, hmm im sure i could think of more

I wonder if Innova releases new molds, don't care if they flop, and then write it off somehow on their taxes in order to keep their business viable. :|

Are you running for President also? Are you talking reputational risk? Most sensible business people review balance sheets, income statements and inventory instead of monitoring message boards.
Lol, ok going out on a limb here, folks may jump on me but i'm generally good natured.

I don't disagree with your statement at all. However my experience is that it would depend on the nature of your business. Many business that deal with the staples of our economy are run just like you describe. However businesses that are entertainment and recreation focused are competing for a very small portion of the consumer dollar. Only so many $ are available to be spend in this market segment. Poor choices of colors, materials (in our case plastic), design, marketing, etc. Can have a devastating effect on the consumer sentiment for your product and send $ to your competition.

Anyway, we all see things life differently, that's what makes things like these forums so great.

I love the feedback and a great discussion!

I'm putting the infernal flippy Beast on the chopping block. And the Wahoo. So it floats, big deal, all that means with this disc is that I swam a lot.

I wonder if Innova releases new molds, don't care if they flop, and then write it off somehow on their taxes in order to keep their business viable. :|

"It's a write-off for them."
"How is it a write-off?"
"They just write it off."
"Write it off what?"
"Jerry, all these big companies, they write off everything."
"You don't even know what a write-off is."
"Do you?"
"No, I don't."
"But they do. And they're the ones writing it off."
"I wish I had the last twenty seconds of my life back."
- Kramer and Jerry, in "The Package"

Kite.

I bag one, and I really tried to like it because it feels perfect in my hand, but the thing is just so unpredictable. But with a Spider/Gator/Stingray midrange lineup the Kite is useless. Its basically a Stingray that I can't develop a confidence in

I wish they would change the flight characteristics a bit on this one, because I agree that it feels perfect in your hand. It's exactly what I want to made to feel like an exactly what I think I would like in a workhorse mood. Except that the flight is so unpredictable that I've never even that one.

lol

You'd probably ditch the Polecat and Zephyr too, huh?

No idea. I had bought an Aviar at the same time because I knew I would want to try a couple of different putting discs. I love the Aviar.

Had a casual player come up to me at my local pitch n putt (1978 Steady Ed course where you can throw mids & putters to score in the mid-40's), and ask me if I had any Grooves or Nukes. This line from the Princess Bride crossed my mind: "Then he explained the name was the important thing for inspiring the necessary fear. You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley." :D

Inconceivable!

I don't want to be in charge. Too much work, too much bull cookies from all the whiny peons beneath you, too many meetings with other "in charge" folks, looking to pontificate on nothing to justify their jobs and salary. Forget that, I just throw the round things, someone else can make the decisions.

I just started playing a few weeks ago, and even I can confidently say that the Birdie is garbage.

Big statement from a neewbie of a mere few weeks. You may one day come to regret that little comment.

I'll vote the Kite.
One of the first discs I ever bought was a Star Kite.
It has hit some amazing lines, which I was never able to repeat with the Kite.
Settled on the Panther. Beat in Champ Panther is a reliable Kite replacement.